Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Current Sending Issues - Be Aware

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Just a heads up for Pipex users, there is a good chance your mails are not being sent again.

Today I have sent mails to AOL, BT and Sky addresses, all seemingly have just disappeared, with no bounce back, just as they were doing a little while ago when we were all again troubled by this.

So please be warned.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks for the heads up pbar100. I'll look out for other members posting.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Also, I have sent a mail to myself (i.e. from Pipex to Pipex) as I often do as a test, and that came back with a bounce back as undeliverable.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Just had an update that the mail sent to the Sky address has arrived, took several hours but it did get there.

Highlighted

Thanks very much for letting us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @pbar100 .  I sent to (and received a reply from) a Sky address with no delays late this morning.  I also successfully carried out a Pipex to Pipex test (and for good measure to Yahoo and Gmail).  However, I am aware that Gmail (at least) was having some connectivity problems with BT mail addresses yesterday.  It may be totally unconnected, but I've had a number of error messages with POP emails all day today, but these clear after a couple of attempts.  Regards.

Highlighted

Hi MM, thanks for testing and then posting the results.. 

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady .  Pipex email has been all over the place since yesterday afternoon.  I sent a message via POP to a Sky address, which was received by the recipient.  She attempted to acknowledge receipt, but that was not received by me.  Strangely, I was able to send and receive emails with another Sky address last evening.  I tried a few tests this morning:  Pipex to Pipex was fine, but Pipex to Yahoo and Gmail failed.  This seems to have been restored, on subsequent testing, but the original emails have simply disappeared!

My confidence in Pipex mail (never high) is at an all-time low.  It is clear from this and other topic strings that there are major reliability problems, and that these have been occurring since at least the New Year. Are these being addressed, and if so by whom?

As an aside, it may just be me but I've had all sorts of problems logging into the Community this morning. Regards

Highlighted

Hi MM, the pipex platform has most certainly had it's day. The migration is paused, but you guys need to be on the new platform and all these problems will go away.

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady Thanks for your rapid response.  So we are (still) between the rock of a failing (actually essentially failed) email system and the hard place of our migration being 'stalled'.  Could I please ask what that means in this context, as this can seems to be continually kicked down the road?  Really, how much longer do we have to put up with this?  I am continually being reminded by pop ups on this site that my account with you guys is up for renewal by the end of this month.  I have a decision to make, and you guys do not make this easy.  Regards.

Highlighted

I'm afraid I've got no information in terms of a date for the migration. It was as you know expected to complete before the new year, but that didn't happen and it's been paused for a while. The new platform is sound, once you're migrated you'll be fine, I just can't tell you when that will be. 

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady So I and others have to continue to put up with an email service that we cannot rely on to any degree for an unspecified time.  Is that right?  In the interim, is anyone putting any effort into keeping the old nag alive to see us through to migration, or has the white flag been raised? I am just seeking clarification for me and other Pipex users so that our (low) expectations can be managed.  Thanks.  Regards

Highlighted

Hi MM, until the migration restarts you are stuck with the old platform. I don't have visibility of expenditure, but I'd guess we're not investing in the old platform anymore although the platform is managed by the email admins as it always was. I can't make a decision for you re stay or go. Obviously I've done my best to help give you the best service I can, but I appreciate the system is the problem.

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady As always, I am grateful for your timely and candid response, which entirely confirms what I thought the situation was: in short, not a great deal for Pipex users, and really no change since at least August 2018 when I joined the Community.  Very disappointed but not surprised.  I am working abroad from this afternoon until Sunday evening, so will consider my position with TT during my journey.  I appreciate your position, and equally appreciate your support and activity over many months.  You mention 'the system'.  I haven't seen any evidence that there is one!  Regards

Highlighted

It's been a rough couple of years for the pipex platform and no mistake. I'd love to be able to give you a date for migration so that you could at least see an end to the grief, but I'm not privvy to that information. 

Ady

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Enough is enough.

@OCE_Ady whilst we all appreciate your efforts on this forum this is no longer enough. Clearly the Pipex domain is not fit for purpose yet the migration is deferred time and time again. Its about time we were treated with some respect and honesty by TT and told why and when it will finally be resolved.

Unfortunately I am locked into my contract with TT for several more months yet, but the abysmal email service will certainly factor in my renewal decision when it arises.

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Unfortunately I am locked into my contract with TT for several more months yet

Not really, the poor service is breach of contract. That's how I was able to negotiate a discounted deal, directly due to these problems, mid-term. It isn't easy dealing with TalkTalk representatives, but it can be done. I did it.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

Unfortunately I am locked into my contract with TT for several more months yet

Not really, the poor service is breach of contract. That's how I was able to negotiate a discounted deal, directly due to these problems, mid-term. It isn't easy dealing with TalkTalk representatives, but it can be done. I did it.

I negotiated too and received a 3-figure settlement. But I am still stuck with my broadband contract with TT.

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I negotiated too and received a 3-figure settlement

Well done Steve, good on you 🙂