Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex Email Accounts

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

How about migrating your legacy Pipex email accounts to a more reliable server, and ending the historical anomaly where our email accounts are managed by Business but the rest of our TalkTalk services are provided by Residential?  We'd also then be able to access and use a 'proper' webamil as opposed to the archaic Business version that has few features.

Highlighted
Community Star

New TalkTalk Mail coming soon...

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Gondola

Thanks that's fine, but I am NOT on TalkTalk Mail but a legacy Pipex account which as I mentioned in my 'Idea' is strangely managed by Business not Residential.  Will I (and a large number of other disgruntled Pipex account holders) be included in this upgrade?  Will we be able to continue to use our dsl.pipex.com domain name or would we need to tell all of our contacts of our email address change?  All of that said, the upgraded TalkTalk Mail looks really good! I just hope that I will not be forgotten about and fall even further behind in my email service.

Highlighted
Community Star

My understanding is that residential customers using any TalkTalk managed legacy email service will have that email service migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform.  I will double-check that any residential customer using Pipex or Homecall will not be forgotten and will retain the use of the legacy domain.  Good point well made.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Gondola  Many thanks for getting with such a prompt and very help-ful reply.  I look forward to seeing the outcome of your enquiries (I hope!).  This would be a major step forward if it comes off as you suggest.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Gondola is right. Pipex customers will be moved to the new platform along with the rest of the email database. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

OCE_Ady and Gondola  Many thanks for comfirming this, which is very reassuring, especially after the weekend's outage on Pipex.  I'm sorry to be dimwit over this, but as I asked in my question/idea, will we retain the existing domain name for our account (dsl.pipex.com) or will we need to update our address book with a 'new' TalkTalk Mail account?

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I don't like jumping in on another person's thread but thought it more appropriate to ask here than start a new one. 

Everything I've seen about the new mail service seems to be about webmail. This question probably stems from my ignorance of such matters but is it just a new webmail front end or a complete new mail system that encompasses everything including pop/imap/smtp support ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Hi stevesurrey I asked this question over the weekend, and Gondola kindly provided me with this link https://newmail.talktalk.co.uk/ in very quick order. Both Gondola and OCE_Ady have confirmed that Pipex account holders will be part of this migration, in due course. I have also asked for clarification that we would retain our dsl.pipex.com domain descriptor.
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Yes, thanks I did see that link and had a quick run through it. Perhaps I am just being thick but all the glitzy new stuff there seemed to be about how the new webmail would look and function. Couldnt see anything about how this would affect customers who use email clients to access their emails.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @stevesurrey

A complete new mail system that encompasses everything including pop/imap/smtp support and more for multiple devices.

The focus is on access via a browser but the FAQ includes the question - Will I need to update my POP/IMAP settings? and the answer is No – these will stay the same.

But I'd personally qualify that by saying the POP and IMAP settings will be for secure encrypted email.  The TalkTalk focus is on making the New Mail much more secure so I'd not expect to see insecure mail supported. 

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Thank you Gondola. That is reassuring.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Any further news on when the move to the new platform and database will take place? 

I too have an old legacy Pipex email address.

I need to be able to set up auto-forwarding etc., which I'm unable to do at present!

An update on progress would be appreciated.  Regards.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

Any news on the move over to the new system for Pipex email address holders?

Also, is there confirmation that we will be able to keep the @dsl.pipex.com suffix of the email address once the migration has taken place?

All the best

Theambler

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Andy

Just wondering if there is any news on my previous post?

Thanks

Theambler

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Muddymedic 

Manage TalkTalk Mail accounts, for TalkTalk broadband customers, via MyAccount.

Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list and you'll see the list of (nominally up to 5) email mailboxes associated with a TalkTalk Broadband package.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

There's also the ability to Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox - a TalkTalk managed email address - to MyAccount so long as you know the email address and its password and so long as that email address isn't already listed in association with another current or former MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing mailbox.png

Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox to MyAccount is a feature for email management by TalkTalk broadband customers. TalkTalk mailbox email addresses that can be added include those with these domain names:

talktalk.net
tiscali.co.uk
lineone.net
screaming.net
tinyworld.co.uk
tinyonline.co.uk
ukgateway.net
worldonline.co.uk
pipex.com
toucansurf.com
homecall.co.uk
homechoice.co.uk
dsl.pipex.com
dial.pipex.net
dial.pipex.co.uk
dial.pipex.com
solo.pipex.com
dsl.pipex.co.uk
onetel.com
onetel.net
onetel.net.uk
oneteldsl.net

I believe this follows up on our previous conversation where you were asking about retention of the various email domain names when the email accounts are fully managed on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

The email account users will receive via their email addresses the usual (normally 3) notifications from TalkTalk about the Mail upgrade.  Have you received any of those emails so far?