cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi all, I've dropped a mail to the email admins to see if we've been back in touch with Yahoo/Sky and Gmail to see what's going on. 

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady dont forget Hotmail too as they still treat everything from Pipex as spam.

Highlighted
Community Team

I won't forget. I'm still waiting for updates for you all. 

Highlighted
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I can now currently send mails without issue to -

dsl.pipex.com

Sky.com

Hotmail

So that is a good result when compared to previous problems. With all the issues which others have though still, I am wary of using TalkTalk/Pipex to send mails.

Highlighted
mikeyar
Chat Champion

I would echo Ferguson's recent comments but would also add a couple of thoughts. Any email service is reliant on two parts - the broadband supply to your premises and connection to mail via a client or web interface infrastructure. The big 4 i.e. TT, BT, Sky and PlusNet (Virgin excluded) share Openreach's network and all offer both broadband and an email address.

I've been with TT for 15 years and have found their broadband supply to be no more or less reliable than the other three. They all have faults and outages from time to time as Downdetector.com will confirm. With regard to email TT (my old email) seems to be sinking under the strain maybe due to managing legacy addresses or a worn out and scattered server infrastructure?

So now may be the time to switch to independent email as Ferguson suggests. There are many options, I now use Outlook.com (old Hotmail) and have been almost fault free for 3 years. No spam blacklisting and support from one of the largest IT companies on the planet.

OK its a pain exporting/importing contacts and notifying them plus revising supplier website log-ins etc. but your worth it! 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi pbar100, thanks for posting to let us knoe are you able to send to yahoo and gmail too?

Highlighted
cavedweller
Conversation Starter

@OCE_AdyI have not posted to this topic for a week or so. NOT because everything is working but because it does not seem to matter what the customers ask the same reply is that "someone else is working on it". 

Yesterday my emails to gmail, Hotmail and outlook.com continue to go to spam. My emails to yahoo do now get delivered but at a very s l o w pace. 

What I would like to know is what changed 2 months ago? Why the version/change control measures were not able to be rewound? If the "reputation of the server" is the problem why pipex email has not been moved to a server with a good reputation. 

My wife is a CofE vicar. When funeral arrangements(by email) are not happening in a timely manner it is unacceptable and very distressing to the relatives. PLEASE increase the priority that this problem is receiving 

Troglodyte
Highlighted
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I would have to get back to you regarding Yahoo.

But I can say that -

Gmail - messages arrive straight away into the Spam folder

AOL - messages arrive as normal but after several hours

All testing done from Webmail.

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

These are the results of my tests today:

Gmail - delivered as spam

Hotmail - delivered as spam

Yahoo - not delivered (yet)

Clearly different Pipex users are seeing some different outcomes but clearly the problem has not been eradicated yet and its now over 2 months duration.

Highlighted
Community Team

Whenever I post information I've made sure to the best of my ability that it's true or if I'm in any doubt I'll post nothing. I appreciate this is very frustrating, but I was repeatedly told you'd rather have the truth. I have continued to convey your sentiments and feedback re this issue as I do with other issues. At present you are on the verge of the move to the new platform at which point you'll be equals with the rest of the TalkTalk domains, but until then you're on different servers with different settings and it's those that are causing the problems for you. I assure that there are many members of staff involved in getting your service working to the best of our ability. In the meantime I'll continue to provide the information I receive as and when I receive it. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Did it suddenly get significantly worse again this morning? I ask as the post count for the issue went up this morning.

Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady From my point of view it is no better nor no worse than, say, yesterday.  I can't explain why so many people are posting on this today, but that may just be an artefact and not necessarily an indicator of any increase in issues experienced.

What I find interesting (well, odd, really) is that there is still not a universal experience across all those raising comments.  There seems to be a disparity between different users.

Regards

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady  I think its just our frustration at the lack of a complete resolution to this longstanding problem coming to the fore

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks MM.

Highlighted
Community Team

I totally understand. It's driving me nuts and I'm not relying on it for communication urgent or otherwise.

Highlighted
Janmac
Participant
Thanks @OCE_Ady as it helps to understand what is going on. I'm trying to be optimistic about the chances of this all coming out OK - one day!!
Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @cavedweller That's a coincidence, because my wife is a Vicar too!  She gave up using Pipex a LONG time ago because of reliability issues, and uses Gmail exclusively now.  She thinks I'm quite mad to persist with it, and perhaps she's right!

Regards

Highlighted
glassman999
Conversation Starter

Dsl.pipex email sending ok to gmail inbox, has been okay for 48 hours.

Cannot send to aol , not working at all getting Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached after 13.9 hours.

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

My test message to Yahoo today finally arrived but almost 5 hours late.

Highlighted
Community Team

I've started chasing for updates already and will post back once I hear anything.