cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

Community Team

I've already sent the chaser so I'll post back once I hear anything for you. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks very much, give them a kicking 🙂

PipexUser60
Chatterbox

I have been having the same problem intermittently for some time. I tried explaining the issue using Chat several times but got nowhere. I'm using Mail on an iMac and have checked the mailbox settings. 

Examples

Sent a message on 10 June to 9 recipients, got an undelivered message from one of them 'Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached'.

Sent a message on 14 June to 1 recipient (also included in the message on 10 June but then apparently successfully delivered), got an undelivered message 'Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached'. 

Community Team

Hi PipexUser60, please start your own thread make sure you've got your landline, mobile and the affected email address in your profile. Is it always a certain email domain that isn't receiving your mail?

PipexUser60
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Sorry, I'm new to this. I've created a new thread with the domain information you requested.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Thank you for adding you problem onto the thread too. The more the merrier, as it adds weight towards hopefully having the issue fixed.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

TalkTalk e-mail is seen as a free service so has low priority unfortunately, issues can take weeks (or months) to fix, as you will see from some of the threads.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

This has been happening with me too since Monday 10th June.
Sent an email to 20 people - 4 were returned after 13.9hrs with "maximum retry queue age reached"
2 to yahoo.com
2 to Aol.com
all the others hopefully got there??

My wife uses Pipex as well and sent an important email to an Hotmail address this morning and hasn't been received by 4pm and no "maximum retry age reached" yet but no doubt this will be tomorrow before TalkTalk tell me it hasn't got there. Good job we both have dropbox and can send information a different route but WHY do TALKTALK have so many problems with the bread and butter email service?

Troglodyte
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @cavedweller 

Some questions for you to see if it's a typical authentication issue or something else.

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer and

Are you sending via pipex webmail or an email client or app?

If using an email client what port is used for sending and what authentication setting is used?

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

cavedweller - thank you for adding to this thread, the more of us who chip in, the greater the chance of a fix, although it will be some time I think.

I too think it bizarre that the frequency of TalkTalk e-mail faults are so high. We seem to get a few months of ok use, then several weeks/months of problems.

Rest assured, it is not your own personal settings, TalkTalk have major issues again.

Currently, most of my mail seesm to be sent, although strangely it can take an hour or two, randomly, for some to arrive. Previously it was hit and miss as to what arrives and doesn't.

All mail sent to Sky addresses, whether from PC, phone or Webmail do not arrive.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter
Yes I am a TalkTalk broadband customer
I am using Outlook like I have for the last 15 years!
I haven't changed the port settings POP3 997, SMTP 587.
SSL setting required
Not sure why settings would have an effect on some emails but not all?
Troglodyte
Gondola
Community Star

@cavedweller wrote:
Yes I am a TalkTalk broadband customer
I am using Outlook like I have for the last 15 years!
I haven't changed the port settings POP3 997, SMTP 587.
SSL setting required
Not sure why settings would have an effect on some emails but not all?

Did you mean POP3 port 995?  May I ask what version of Outlook? Is the return address exactly the same as your pipex email address? And is the option for requiring network authentication set?

The reason I asked is that email providers have been tightening up on requiring fully authenticated emails to get a grip on stopping spam entering their customer mailboxes. So the first thing they do is check the email settings for fully encrypted email and network authentication and that the return address preferably matches the send address.  They'll check that the sending IP address is not on a blocklist and that the sender's email address has not been blocked by other customer mailboxes and, just like TalkTalk do, will assess the content for possible spam.

I hope you don't mind me asking. BTInternet was silently blocking pipex emailers recently simply because of deemed 'insufficient' authentication.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter
Hi Gondola. Yes I did mean 995 finger trouble 🙂
I am using Outlook 2013.
I have "outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication" ticked
Also "use same settings as my incoming mail server" selected.
It has not been consistently failing. One person I email regularly has received some but not others in the last 7 days.
Troglodyte
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Irrespective of all this, you should be able to send from Webmail. But even that fails.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi cavedweller 

With Outlook 2013 my preference, although it shouldn't make a difference, is to untick same settings as incoming and to enter the User name and Password and Remember password tick box.  I also have some thoughts about implementing TLS 1.2 security but that depends on how updated your operating system is.

My next question is whether you wish me to escalate an individual request with OCE_Ady for you and move your posts to your own topic for more individual help or remain here to see what happens with this owner's topic. Your choice entirely. 

Wartling
Participant

I am having the same problem - Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached - affecting some but not all of the emails I've been sending for the past week. Those that do get through seem to be delayed by some hours. This is making the whole use of Pipex emails suspect, to te extent it's safer to not send any.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

More and more people are reporting this issue now and it's a whopping 18 days since I reported it, and we have basically heard nothing. Any news please?

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

@GondolaThanks for the offer to create my own topic but given the number of people reporting the same issue, it is probably not a unique problem which requires a separate investigation. I sent emails yesterday and the @yahoo.com and @gmail.com emails have just been returned back to me after 14 hours. My wife who uses a separate computer and also outlook with pipex has also had emails returned so I do not believe this is anything to do with our outlook settings.

Hopefully @OCE_Ady can escalate this problem as it is affecting so many people.

Troglodyte
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @cavedweller 

I see that Ady's said this morning:

 Hopefully, the increasing number of tickets will cause us to open an incident to get this issue fixed soon.  

I'm just saying that waiting on another member's thread isn't always the fastest way to get things like this fixed. But it's your choice, as always.

Terry953
Popular Poster

I'm with you lot, for me it started yesterday, many rejections [mailer-daemon Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached].

This is my first time on this forum am I making a new complaint here or answering a previous poster Gondola?? 

Bit of a newbie here, where do I start a new complaint to get a TICKET?

Cheers

TerryB