SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

I sent two test emails earlier today:

one to a gmail address - that email was delivered but to the spam folder

one to an outlook address - that email has still not been delivered

SoozySoo
stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

At least messages now being delivered to Gmail albeit if they do end up in Spam folder.

I still cant get anything to go to Hotmail (part of Outlook) and they not even going to spam folder (as I've since checked that).

klangham
Team Player
Update this morning is that hotmail not being received at all but it is also not bouncing back either!

All gmail and googlemail going but into spam box.

AOL seems to go ok

I have put in a complaint with talk talk however so far wasted 30min on 2 separate days going through the issues(which they don't seem to be aware of) waiting for them to put me through to the fault management dept and then cut me off....and then not bother to ring me back!
GregTingey
Chat Champion

NOW it's going "on" & "off"

I sent test emails yesterday & got replies form "aol" & "yahoo" - I sent a later, "normal" message - & it BOUNCED?
W.T.F?

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Mixed results so far I'm afraid. Yesterday I sent a test email to an individual with a Yahoo address and it arrived but went into their spam folder, even though they had my email address listed in their contacts. Then my husband sent a message from our Pipex account to to people on an email list and we have had bounceback messages this morning from 2 AOL addresses, one Sky address and one Yahoo address. So it's not looking very good !

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Agreed - very, vary variable

Some "aol" recipients have received my messages, & others, later, have gone into the "13.9 hours" box.

Bikie_John
Chatterbox

After a brief period when messages to Yahoo addresses were working yesterday, they are being bounced again today. This morning I had "retry exceeded" messages from yahoo.co.uk and ymail.com from messages sent yesterday evening.

Community Team

Hi all, it's not going to be perfect overnight. I did post to say it'll take a few days before it's sorted properly due the time it takes to rebuild the servers spam reputation with the other ISPs and mail providers. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Emails to Gmail still going straight to spam and nothing received at Hotmail despite the 'fix'.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I have found that, today, using Webmail, mails sent to the following are not being received -

Sky addresses

Hotmail addresses

Generic .co.uk address

Community Team

Like I said it's going to take a few days for the reputation of the servers to improve. I don't want you all thinking it's failed because it's not happened after 36 hours, it can take a while to get back on track. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Its been 7 weeks since this fault first arose.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady Sorry, for me it's JUST as it was before the 'fix'.  Yesterday, I could send to Gmail (albeit to Spam).  Today, not even that is possible.  I cannot reach Sky, AOL, Yahoo and a number of specific 'business' type domains.  We seem to be going backwards here.  So far, I have seen (on a number of related topic strings) estimates of '2-3 days', '5 days' and a 'reasonable time'  for this to be sorted (after many, many weeks of issues).  What is the longest we can expect to be putting up with this for: days (how many?) or weeks (how many?).

I know you're trying hard to manage expectations here (and that's quite right), but the message needs to be consistent or users will lose what confidence they have left in Pipex as an email 'service'.  

I know you're working hard here (as you always do) to support us, but many of us are getting close to the end of our tether.  I'm sorry to add to your burden.

Regards

Oricmuso
Team Player

AOL is still bouncing for me.

Forum page didn't work a moment ago.

klangham
Team Player
Live.co.uk doesn't go.
Every gmail goes to spam
AOL mainly goes
Hotmail doesn't go

Getting really fed up now.
Terry953
Chatterbox

Got a new failure = ymail.com Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached.

TerryB
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Bump.  Good morning.  An update on the fate of my Gmail tests yesterday.  They finally turned up in the Spam folder of the account after 6 hours.  Regards

PipexUser60
Chatterbox

For what it's worth, I successfully sent a mail to an account on hotmail.com yesterday. 

Community Team

Thanks all. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Waiting on results from Yahoo & AOL, but tests to Gmail show it still going straight to Spam and nothing gets delivered to Hotmail still.

I think the Service Status message is a bit premature!

"Work has been carried out to fix this issue and customers should now start seeing improvements to their email service."