cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady I am still not seeing any significant improvement in the PIPEX email service. My testing this morning showed GMAIL & HOTMAIL messages being delivered but treated as Spam. and messages to YAHOO not arriving at all. Its now seven days since TT applied the 'fix' without it being fixed! I know you said it would take a few days, but 7 and counting ?

Community Team

Yeah we know Yahoo is still rate limiting our traffic, but we've submitted a request to have that lifted. We need them to do the work, before your mail to sky and other yahoo users will go through every time.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady yes I had already seen your comment about YAHOO. But what about GMAIL & HOTMAIL treating PIPEX mail as Spam again ? GMAIL at least had stopped doing that for a few days but has reverted to doing so again.

Community Team

The admins are telling me the mail is being delivered. I can't tell you more than that as I don't have the visibility they do. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Yes its being delivered but goes straight to the recipients Span folder. Do you think that is satisfactory? Perhaps the 'admins' can say why this is happening again ? And if the recipient ISP sees enough of these messages as Spam will they start blocking them completely again ?

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I can confirm that mails sent to AOL are still not being received with no bounce back.

glassman999
Team Player

Emails from pipex to gmail are still going to spam, had one day when it all seemed ok but now back to as it has been for some time . Not getting retry limit reached but as it goes direct to spam I don’t know if the addressees see them. I do not normally make a habit of checking spam every time I load up email.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I suspect many recipients do not see the Pipex emails that end up in spam folders. I know with my Hotmail address that my email client only downloads messages from Hotmail's Inbox. I have to use Hotmail's web interface to check the Spam folder too.

This is why I dont think it is good enough for TalkTalk to say 'messages are now being delivered'. That may be technically true but they are being delivered to the wrong place.

Janmac
Participant
Talktalk tech people - this is getting ridiculous! I'm on homecall which is clearly having the same problems as Pipex. It seems my only option to ensure messages are reaching my various contact groups and individuals is to set up another account ! Why, then are talk talk still not able to deliver a proper service or offering a refund on my subscription? Surely, after several weeks of this chaos we have reached the point where they are in breach of contract.
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

@stevesurrey  Correct, and of course recipients won't necessarily be trawling through their Spam Folder to see if they have (or haven't) received a message from a Pipex user, especially if the latter has initiated the 'conversation'.   I understand that this whole thing is a two-way street, and that receiving providers have an enormous role here, but this (I guess) indicates the very low reputation 'enjoyed' by Pipex servers (this is shared by your own users).  I also do not underestimate the efforts going on with this behind the scenes to resolve all this.

If a number of Pipex-related emails are bounced, does that affect the ongoing reputational issues?  If so, at what stage will that be considered 'fatal'?  I've said this before, but what is the Plan B if the fix doesn't (well) fix?  Is there one? Your users cannot just keep on being kept on a chain here.  We are many, many weeks into this issue now.  

We are a week now following the 'fix'.  I know I sound like a scratched record, but what is TalkTalk's measure of success for the fix, please, in terms of the ability for other providers to receive Pipex emails to their Inbox, and the timeframe?  It's just that I have witnessed repeated and continued cognitive dissonance over this issue over many weeks.  In explanation, TalkTalk tell us everything is going to plan, and that all will be fine in a little while....and it isn't, despite reports from your Users/Paying Customers to the contrary.  I wish they would stop treating us like children.  If they don't know when this issue is to be resolved, then giving timeframes that are not met is not helpful. Saying 'we don't know' is at least honest, albeit difficult to articulate.

We seem to be going forwards, and then back on a daily basis.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady Thursday's testing shows no improvement (sound familiar?). Messages to GMAIL & HOTMAIL go straight to Spam and message to YAHOO not received.

Will all the messages GMAIL & HOTMAIL consider as Spam eventually lead them to blocking all messages from Pipex again ?

GregTingey
Wizz Kid

TalkTalk / Pipex are, by now, in violation of UK Trading Standards & consumer legislation.

Their goods/service is: "NOT OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY" [ Sale of Goods Act ]

And this is not ONE case, but one individual case for every single one of us affected by this - which could get very expensive indeed - as IIRC Intel found out about 15-20 years ago when one of their chips screwed-up floating-point operations.

Now then - I very strongly suggest that this is not some minor dispute to be resolved by this ongoing & apparently futile discussion, but with maximum publicity & through the courts - unless, of course, TalkTalk/Pipex PAY ATTENTION & start really fixing the problem RIGHT NOW.

Otherwise someone really will go to a lawyer who will undoubtedly take the case pro bono publico - for the publicity & kudos.

After which both Pipex & TalkTalk's names will be very public mud, won't they?   How much business do they want to permanently lose if they don't get their act together, "real soon now"?

GregTingey
Wizz Kid

Well, I already have opened a completely new account under my own, freshly-registered Domain Name, because I'm tired of this nonsense…..

[ As well as my Pipex account, which I will keep - IF I CAN GET IT TO WORK …. ]

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I'm starting to feel like TalkTalk have given up on this problem. No longer any mention of it on their Status Page and OCEs seem to have gone silent now too. I hope I am not being unfair but this is how it feels when customers are not kept in the loop.

GregTingey
Wizz Kid

How do we go about "going public" over this & publicly naming TalkTalk/Pipex for the complete lack of service & accountability?

Janmac
Participant
Using social media and sending emails about the problem to consumer pages of national press might work. If we all do something someone might publish and shame Talktalk into finally sorting out this mess!
ferguson
Community Star

If a provider is delivering an unreliable service, shame on them. If you persist in using that service, shame on you!

I have always been mystified through all these seemingly incessant email threads why you don't just switch to another, more reliable provider?

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I for one keep putting off switching to another email service because its a PITA to notify all your contacts and update websites, logins etc etc

ferguson
Community Star

@stevesurrey wrote:

I for one keep putting off switching to another email service because its a PITA to notify all your contacts and update websites, logins etc etc

Fair point, but with forwarding facilities etc. it really isn't that hard after the first push, treat it as if you were moving home, no choice there to notify of a change of address!

GregTingey
Wizz Kid

Do what I have done - keep Pipex / TalkTalk for incoming & use another service ( I now have my own domain & subsidiary name therein ) for sending securely.

That avoids the hassle of changing a username/email I have now had for well over 10 years ….