cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

As far as I can see this solution may be free to set up but  involves an ongoing monthly cost to maintain. Why should we have to do this when Talk Talk ought to be providing us with a functioning email service for which we are already paying?

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Precisely

Which is why a "Trading Standards" approach, that "TT" services are a goods "Not of Merchantable Quality" is the right way to go.

We want a service, which we are PAYING FOR, that works

ferguson
Community Star

You don't pay TalkTalk for email services, they will be introducing charges for non-customers soon though. There are plenty of free options out there.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Email is part of the package of services we pay for alongside our broadband. Its bundled pricing not menu pricing or a freebie.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady my email testing today shows no improvement with messages to GMAIL & HOTMAIL going straight to Spam and messages to YAHOO not arriving at all. So no change for several days.

Do you have any update for us since your last comments on Wednesday?

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

It is now 50 days since I informed support of this fault and this thread started. It is jaw dropping, really.

Community Team

Hi,

I'm really sorry that you're continuing the experience problems, our email admins are doing what they can to get the issues resolved as soon as they can

Chris

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Sing us a NEW song?

This is what was being said several weeks ago …..

ferguson
Community Star

@GregTingey wrote:

Sing us a NEW song?

This is what was being said several weeks ago …..

@GregTingey  There is no need for that. However exasperated you may be please remember the community guidelines, or just common good manners.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

My testing today shows messages to Gmail & Hotmail still going straight to Spam.

The message I sent Friday to Yahoo however was now received albeit several hours late. No sign of todays message, yet.

Pipex email system is therefore still not fit for purpose.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

My testing today shows messages to Gmail & Hotmail still going straight to Spam.

The message I sent to Yahoo however arrived correctly - on time and not treated as Spam. Thats the first time its happened in 2 months.

Community Team

Hi stevesurrey,

Glad to hear that messages sent to Yahoo are arriving correctly now, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Todays testing showed that emails to Gmail & Hotmail still going straight to spam and messages to Yahoo back to being delivered a few hours late. So any, small, improvement was short-lived.

@OCE_Chris  Are your Email Admins still working to fix this or have they given up ?

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Chris .Thanks for heading up on this in @OCE_Ady 's absence.  My experience today is that I an successfully send email to both Gmail and Talk21 (Hosted by BT/Yahoo) from both Pipex Webmail and Outlook.  Emails go direct to the Inboxes for both domains.  However, I am aware that emails sent to Gmail recipients from Friday and over the weekend went straight to Spam, so there appears to be inconsistency still (compare my results from those of @stevesurrey for example). There still appears to be an issue with Sky emails.

Grateful if you could obtain from your Email Admins a definitive update on 'progress' here, as we're seeing very little to support that 'in nature'. This has all now gone an inordinate amount of time (I'm sure you agree), and you cannot reasonably continue to burden your Users to act as testers for YOUR service.  I'll say it again, I'm afraid: at what point will the decision be made that the 'fix' has not been successful, and what will happen then?  I think these are reasonable questions that should be answered honestly.

Thank you.

Regards

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@Muddymedic given the deathly silence each time your last question has been asked I have come to the conclusion there is no Plan B.

The only reason I have stayed with TalkTalk as long as I have is that I didnt want the hassle of changing email addresses. If I have to do that anyway, as the Pipex ones are just too unreliable, then once my current contract expires I will be a 'free agent' with my choice of ISPs.

ferguson
Community Star

You don't have to change your ISP to change your email provider. Unless you want to move to their email service, if they have one. Which may not be the best move going forwards. Just saying.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson  yes I already know that. I just would have left TalkTalk a long time ago owing to its poor service if not for the hassle of changing email addresses. If I have to change those anyway then I have absolutely no reason to remain with TT.

ferguson
Community Star

That's fine, but I would equally not encourage a customer to stay with an ISP, be that TalkTalk or any other,  for email alone if they were unhappy with the general service. The options really are wide and clear.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Open a SECOND account for email

I HAVE JUST DONE THIS

Then if "Pipex" really goes down the tubes, as seems likely, you are already set-up & using the alternate

glassman999
Participant

My pipex emails to gmail have worked ok for last 24 hours, going into inbox as they should be.