cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

That's pretty much it yes, it just needs them to say all Pipex mail is defunct. And give us a TalkTalk address, sounds easy enough to me.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I decided to do my weekly email testing at a different time of day so did them yesterday evening about 8pm. The results were:-

Gmail - delivery delayed almost 2 hours

Hotmail - delivered immediately to Spam

Yahoo - delivery delayed almost 6 hours

The results for both Gmail & Yahoo are worse than normal.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

There MUST be some method of getting TalkTalk to come to attention on this, surely?

GregTingey
Chat Champion

AND

MOST IMPORTANT

An automatic re-direct, so we don't have to change our addresses … otherwise, it's going to be a real pain in the posterior - and it THEIR FAULT, not ours, remember

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

If TalkTalk force me to change my email addresses then they most definitely will not be talktalk.net ones. I will instead switch to 'non-ISP' addresses like Gmail & Outlook etc so I am no longer tied to my ISP which makes switching so much easier when service levels or pricing  become unacceptable.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Try RUNBOX

I've been forced to open a second email account - recommended

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Well, I have been on to 'technical support' for most of the afternoon. It is totally jaw dropping as to how poor they are, really.

I have nothing I can add I'm afraid guys, at this point.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I have sent two test mails to Gmail this morning, and both have arrived quickly and straight to the Inbox.

First time that has happened in many weeks so that is very pleasing to see.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I've found with Gmail (and sometimes with Yahoo too) it all depends on the time of day. With Gmail they seem to get delivered straight away in the morning but in the evening I see delays of 2-4 hours. I dont know if that is merely coincidence or a side effect of rate limiting.

glassman999
Team Player

Back to pipex not sending. Initially said mail servers not found. Then 30minutes later sent to gmail but never arrived. This is absolutely abysmal, we are going backwards on this problem.

have talktalk given up

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I think the team at Pipex who print out our emails and attach them to pigeons to send them off for us have gone on a go-slow.

DB8417
Popular Poster

Just to add to the conversation I am a long-standing dial pipex account user I have started to see problems only over the last 4 or 5 days  during the last few months with error messages stating cannot connect to out going smtpserver. It is intermittent with success either by leaving the thing alone or by repeated attempts resending from the outbox 

glassman999
Team Player

In addition to ongoing problems with gmail, aol etc I today am getting cannot connect to smtp servers. It works sometimes but not always

glassman999
Team Player

CD95C509-4D90-47C7-BA36-5D5B5DD69996.jpeg

DB8417
Popular Poster

Hi 

exactly the message I am getting - found emails where I have been monitoring do go eventually - sometimes as much as 10 hours later 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Just discovered that two messages to a gmail address have sunk without trace …..

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @GregTingey This is all quite bizarre.  I had all sorts of issues trying to send to Gmail addresses over the weekend.  They all went direct to the relevant Inbox, but with hours of delay in doing so.  However, this morning, I have sent a couple which have arrived safely almost immediately.  

I still don't seem to have any effective connectivity with Sky.com, AOL and btinternet.  I am also suffering from a few timeouts on Outlook this morning, and (as from last Friday and all over the weekend) logging onto Webmail has repeatedly failed.  It typically takes (on both Android and Windows 10) 2-3 attempts before I can log on.

Regards

glassman999
Team Player

Cannot send anything to anyone today - cannot connect to smtp server, what on earth is going on.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I got this response trying to send a message this evening. First time I've encountered it.

The host 'smtp.dsl.pipex.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Its commonly the POP one that disappears or doesnt respond, not the outgoing one.

glassman999
Team Player

I have had similar messages since the weekend, mail sits in outbox for hours then suddenly works.