cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

That's sort of the same thing. But your reply gave me a smile. Thanks Ady, keep kicking them 🙂

Community Team

I'm pleased I was able to give you something to smile about. Although it's not as good as giving you back working email. 

Community Team

I've been asked for a full list of the domains you can't send to. Please let me have them as soon as you can.

Bikie_John
Chatterbox

Thanks Andy for your perseverance.

The only domains that I have been getting error messages back from are the Yahoo ones - yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.com and ymail.com.

Of course it is possible that other emails are simply not being delivered, but since I haven't had error messages there is no way of knowing that.

John

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

AOL - Messages don't arrive

Sky - Messages don't arrive, but with the 13.9 hours bounce back the day after

Someone did comment that generic company addresses are rejecting them also.

klangham
Team Player
Main ones are hotmail.com and AOL.com. I had ones bounce back from outlook.com and gmail.com but they have also gone through ok this week.
klangham
Team Player
I have put in a complaint which they havnt replied to as yet!
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Seems a  bit late for the email boffins to be asking which are the affected domains since the problem has been ongoing for a couple of months. Shouldnt they have asked that at the outset ?

Community Team

Thanks all, I'm getting some traction now. I'll keep you updated with progress. 

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

For me the domains that I definitely CANNOT reach are:

AOL

GMail

Sky.com

btinternet

yahoo

A bit late for the Techs to be asking for this pretty basic information, isn't it?

Community Team

It's not the email team. It's really quite complicated but it's for confirmation not to start the process. I've managed to get to the right people and things are moving and shaking now. 

Oricmuso
Team Player

Googlemail as well - if that is any different to Gmail (?)

The last one I sent seems to have gone - I haven't had a reply yet, so it's a bit unclear.

Having to wait 14 hours each time isn't ideal.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

My summary :

3rd June reported as a problem by @pbar100  

the following 2 WEEKS more people report the problem

17th June @OCE_Ady informs us that no incident yet assigned!

26th June I suggest "How difficult is this for you to test....  Just create a yahoo.co.uk email address and send an email to it."

3rd July we are asked if this is happening with single and bulk emails. (I refer to the above - do you have no one who can test it yourselves)

5th July we are asked which domains - look at these 100+ messages and TEST IT YOURSELVES

So more than a month since we gave an example which you could recreate easily you ask us for examples! 

I used to be in charge of an internal PC tech support team If any of them had left an incident like this for over a month they (and probably me) would have been out of a job.

You couldn't make up a process that had this pathetic level of escalation ...… or perhaps Talktalk really do want everyone to leave so they can retire the old legacy email systems ??

Troglodyte
glassman999
Team Player

I too am now at the moment  only seeing problems with sending mail to yahoo addresses

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

My summary :

3rd June reported as a problem by @pbar100  

the following 2 WEEKS more people report the problem

That's not right, I first reported the fault on 30th May, that's when I started this very thread.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Hi, just reporting (that you most likely all already know), my test mails show that the problem is just the same as I first reported on 30th May.

Thanks.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

Still failing to deliver emails.

yahoo.co.uk

aol.com

and a new one for me today hotmail.com

All with the usual :  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

@OCE_Ady  any update please

Troglodyte
Community Team

Thanks for providing the updates. There have been several calls so far and I'm hoping that today's call will be followed by some great news.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Ady, will you never learn. I bet you don't get that news and we will all be disappointed again 😉

GregTingey
Chat Champion

And now, I've got a NEW one!

I've just had three emails blaocked to people I know at a reputable web-&-discussion page.

As in $NAME@londonreconnections,com

This is really NOT good enough - as it's getting worse, not better,

HOW LONG before TalkTalk actually start serving their paying customers again, please?