Pipex - Emails Not Sending

GregTingey
Chat Champion

aol

yahoo

AND NOW

londonreconnections.com

Community Team

Well unless there's an earthquake in Salford I'll be getting news today re this and I'll be posting it for you. 

Community Team

Thanks for keeping us updated GregTingey.

Community Team

Hi all, here's the news I promised you. 

Planned email maintenance 10th July 2019

4 mins ago

As part of our ongoing improvements to our email domains, we've got some planned maintenance,

Start time - Wednesday 10th July 00:05 AM
End time - Wednesday 10th July 04:00 AM

Domains affected

• Pipex
  • Homecall
  • Homechoice
  • Toucansurf

Don't worry, you'll still have access to your emails during this maintenance window and shouldn't experience any issues. However, you may notice things are a little slower than normal or you might be asked to log in again in a few minutes.

This is the fix being put in place. Hopefully all goes well and I'll confirm that in the morning for you. 

Community Team

And I posted the good news yesterday although for some reason not on this thread. I'll have to review how I missed this thread. Now I'm pleased to say that I'm told the fix went in and was successful. It'll take a few days for the server reputation to be improved. I'd welcome your updates as an when you start to see improvements over the next 2 or 3 days. If you don't by say day 3 please also let me know. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

EVERYBODY

I raised a complaint with THESE PEOPLE: https://complaint.resolver.co.uk a month ago … my complaint is still "open"

IF we don't get a satisfactory response "real soon now", I strongly suggest others do likewise, as unless this is foxed quickly, I think it might be time to "go public" & show TalkTalk up for incompetence, at the least.

Community Team

Hi GregTingey, did you try raising your complaint direct to our CEO team?

klangham
Team Player
AOL gone through today. Hotmail still not I will try again tomorrow. Thanks
Community Team

Well that's a start at least, thanks for posting to let me know. 

Bikie_John
Chatterbox

Got one through to yahoo.co.uk just now. This was failing before, with the "retry limit exceeded" message after 14 hours - this morning it went through really quickly. I will try a few others and report back.

Thanks Ady for keeping the pressure on and keeping us informed. Here's hoping the pipes all clear soon.

Community Team

That's great Bikie_John, thanks for posting to let us know.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

I think so - I got absolutely ZERO satisfaction or service, anyway - all claims were that there was nothing wrong with Pipex/TalkTalk - to the point that I tried contacting "aol" - until it started happening elsewhere

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Will test immediately - don't remember oddballs, like: "londonreconnections.com" either - please!

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I've been doing some more unpaid testing for TalkTalk and the results arent great, yet.

AOL delivered in a timely manner.

Gmail, Hotmail & Yahoo - never arrived

Are TT going to compensate us for the loss of email services for 6 or 7 weeks (assuming this fix has finally worked) ?

GregTingey
Chat Champion

yahoo now working for me - temporarily at any rate ...

No information yet on the other two - "aol" & "londonreconnections.com"

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Sky addresses are still failing at the moment.

Community Team

Thanks for letting me know how you get on. It'll take a couple more days for the reputation to be rebuilt and for all ISP's to allow mail back from the server. I'm pleased at least the early signs are good. The engineers did assure me it would be fine and it seems they were right.

'

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

The engineers did assure me it would be fine

You did say that previously though Ady, with the other 'fix' which did not work, so I am sure you can understand the low confidence from your customers on here. Especially after waiting 40 days for this to be sorted, meaning many have had to drift away from using TalkTalk anyway, it left us with no choice.

But thanks for staying active on here and for your messages thus far.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @stevesurrey I managed to get some Pipex emails delivered to a couple of different Gmail addresses earlier, and reported on that.  However, I should have mentioned that they ended up in the recipients' Spam folder in both cases!

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @Muddymedic good shout. Just checked my Gmail account and yes the test message I sent from Pipex was indeed in the Spam folder. Thanks for the heads up. So looks like Gmail is sort of working with the caveat that it treats all Pipex messages as Spam. Clearly TT still have some work to do to improve the Pipex reputation.

I finally got a message delivered to Yahoo.

Just need to sort out Hotmail now. I wonder if I can find a spam folder for that.....