Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Mail Service Much Better Of Late

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Just wanted to mention that the Pipex Mail service has been far better lately. All day long reliability.

Webmail far better too, been able to use it at any time of the day now.

The odd sent mail seems to still disappear and I still welcome the migration. But on the whole, far better at the moment.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Lost Hotmail posts over the last couple of weeks. They don’t get there when I originate, but if I reply or I use a website’s server the go. Still work in progress as far a I’m concerned.
TerryB
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @pbar100 I think you may have spoken/posted too soon.  I've been having repeated time-outs and 'typical' error messages on POP throughout the afternoon.  

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Are you still having problems today? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I have had several timeouts & disconnects throughout the day. Nothing like as frequent or constant as they have been but noticeable nevertheless. Usually get a successful connection at next attempt so not yet a PITA, but neither is it as good as it had been until @pbar100 started this thread! Clearly hes a jinx.  

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady My experiences today very much those of @stevesurrey: I have had timeouts etc at intervals all day again today, but these resolve after two or three attempts to access emails.  Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Timeouts &/or disconnects with Pipex POP servers got more frequent as day progressed. For instance, at 6.30pm,  2 out of my 3 Pipex addresses had failures. I hope this is not a bad sign .... again!

Highlighted

Are you still getting drop outs today? If you are I'll get the incident process moving.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

They seemed fine earlier today but just checked for mail now and the servers were very slow to respond and got an outright failure on one address

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com',

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I had the same message as in the final two lines of the previous post. When I re-entered my password, I received emails if there were any in the queue.

Pal353
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I've been getting a lot of server timeout messages today

SoozySoo
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Getting repeated errors now. At least one error across any of my 3 Pipex addresses each time my email client tries to connect (every 15 minutes).

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi  Everything was pretty good this morning, but this afternoon I have had repeated time-outs and various error messages in POP.  Webmail is unaffected.

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll see if I can find out anything for you. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks. Since starting this thread unfortunately, I have lost all access to Webmail. Is there a fault with it currently do u know please?

Highlighted

Hi pbar100, I've replied to your other thread. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks. Seen it, and replied already.