Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex Migration

7 REPLIES 7
Conversation Starter

Hi all 

Quick question I've had  a couple of emails re pending migration etc.

When I try to logon using primary account it asks for password. (Which I assume is one that I was sent when I initially took out the service with pipex) . I've always logged on using an alias an corresponding password etc.  

How do I find out what my Primary account password is??

Dan the Man...
Community Star

Hi @DannyT 

Is the primary mailbox password the same as used for the alias email address?

When the mailbox is upgraded it's the primary mailbox email address that you use to sign in. In the run up to the upgrade you're asked to set up password recovery Reset details for the primary mailbox.

If you set up an alternate email address and mobile 'phone number you'll be able to get a reset to change your password using the changing your email password forgotten password button.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Conversation Starter

Hi Thanks for speedy reply..

No my Primary email address has a unique password... one that was sent in the original letter from Pipex, along with details of the 5 or 6 other emails I had available etc.

Ironically I kept the letter for years... but typically have either thrown away or put in it safe place afew months ago, 

Dan the Man...
Community Star

Hi DannyT 

As the upgrade is imminent I'd say the pragmatic approach is to set up password recovery Reset details and then wait until you get the Upgrade complete email from TalkTalk and use the Forgotten password button.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Enlightened One

I may be wrong but in my experience of Pipex the mailbox password is the same irrespective of whether you sign in under the primary or alias address. At least I am pretty sure it was under the Pipex webmail interface. Whats the harm in trying using the password of the alias with the primary address?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Danny,

I see that you've had some help with this, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

Conversation Starter

HAs it happened.??.. not receiving any emails to my netmail.pipex inbox since yesterday.  When I try to logon to the link in the previous migration email tries to redirect me to the old legacy unsecure pipex-webmail.etc and then timeout cause it doesn't respond etc

Dan the Man...
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DannyT, your mailboxes don't appear to have migrated yet if they had you'd be seeing the new platform without any redirects. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.