Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex Webmail Down?

7 REPLIES 7
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi  It may just be me, but accessing Pipex Webmail was fine earlier today.  However, I now cannot access it, either via Android or Windows 10.  Any ideas on causation and remedy, please?  This is all getting beyond the pale, really, especially as I reported Pipex Webmail's incapacity to send emails yesterday.  That was sorted (thanks) but failures are now occurring rather too regularly on that 'service'.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Yes it hasn't been working for a couple of hours now I had issues before, luckily I'm able to access my mails through Hotmail, as TalkTalk/Pipex mail hasn't been fit for purpose for some weeks now and will have issues for some time yet.

Community Team

Hi, I've passed your comments over to the incident team to let them know that pipex to pipex isn't working again. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I think you have misunderstood Ady. It is Webmail which is down at the moment.

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @pbar100 Thanks for this, which is absolutely correct.  I would have clarified this myself, but I was not at home but couldn't...as I couldn't access Pipex Webmail.  I think, perhaps, the gaffer tape used to make this sad and outdated 'service' limp along may have fallen off.  If it was a sad old horse (and I think there is a similarity here), then any humane owner would shoot it, and put it out of its misery.

@OCE_AdyThank you for following this up, as always, but the real issue here is that it is impossible to access Pipex Webmail at all now...so actually things have got worse since yesterday.

Of course, if we were migrated to TalkTalk webmail, then the old nag could be put to sleep...but that carrot has been dangled for a year now!

Thanks

Regards

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Bump.  Pipex Webmail now seems to be up and running again on both Android and Windows 10.  Well done to whoever found the new piece of gaffer tape!

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

(Another, and quite shameless) Bump on this topic thread.  What was the cause of the outage this time, please?  Was this connected with the inability to send/receive Pipex to Pipex yesterday, or is this something new?  Is this evidence of Pipex Webmail failing?  It's just that I (and others) would like to enjoy a reliable email service, and recent evidence shows (I would suggest) that this merely an aspiration for your Pipex users (who are customers, too).

Another disappointing and frustrating day in Pipex-land!

Regards

Community Team

Hi Muddymedic,

Glad to hear it's working again, apologies for any inconvenience. I'm sorry, I don't know what the cause of the problem was.

Chris