Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex Webmail repeated log-in failures

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Good morning.  From late afternoon and overnight, I am getting repeated log-in failures on Pipex Webmail, mainly using Android, but also intermittently on Windows 10.  This issue is continuing this morning.  Is anyone else experiencing this, or are there any known issues...or is it just me?

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

It's all related to the compromised accounts logging in. The team are isolating and disabling those accounts as we speak and as they find them. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes, I've been having problems with my Pipex e-mail all day today. I tried Chat but they just blamed my settings despite my protestations that it's clearly a problem with the server. E-mails have taken more than 30 minutes to go from the Outbox and incoming e-mails are severely delayed too: at least 30 minutes.

I've no idea what the Community guy's reply is supposed to mean - it is no help whatsoever. Sounds like their solution is just to disable accounts!!!!

If there is an issue, why don't they just admit it, fix it and let us all know?

I've been struggling on Android mainly, using the Gmail app: all other providers are working perfectly well as has my pipex account until today. Also issues connecting to the server with Windows 10 and Windows 8. 

It's the server!

Good luck, Muddymedic, and well done for putting up with the awful service from TalkTalk over the years!

Elsie
Highlighted

Hi ElsieElsie, my reply is an explanation of what's causing the problems and what we're doing to fix it. Unfortunately, many of the remaining Pipex mailboxes have/had weak passwords easy to hack and once the hacker has control of the account they can make massive numbers of logins on the servers and send massive amounts of spam. Due to the prehistoric platforms we inherited unfortunately this leads to access issues and the spam leads to other ISPs rate limiting the mail from the platform.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

OK, thanks for that explanation, OCE_Ady, but when is the server going to be properly available again please? I am still encountering problems. Also, how do I access via Webmail now? If I go to https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php then I receive the following error page:

This site can’t be reached

netmail.pipex.net’s server IP address could not be found.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Please let me know how to access my pipex e-mails via Webmail. Thank you.
Elsie
Highlighted

I'll post back as soon as the Email team let me know.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Webmail is faulty for me too, has been for a couple of days, not working at all currently.

My Pipex password is very strong, long mixture of characters and numbers, so please don't blame me.

Any news on when it will be fixed please?

Highlighted

The last update I had was that they were hunting down the compromised accounts and still chasing the other ISPs to lift the deferrals and rate limiting. I'll let you know when I hear more. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Highlighted

You're welcome. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

And repeated timeouts on Outlook again this afternoon...but Webmail has been ok today!

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Bump!  I spoke too soon, as I'm now having repeated Webmail log-in failures as well.  Happy days!

Highlighted
Team Player
Related I have been getting failure to connect /login to smtp outgoing server when sending emails for dial.pipex account. It is intermittent the problem has been going on for about 4 days. Without changing settings etc the emails have been going sometimes immediately or eventually after a number of retry attempts( or by leaving alone )
Any others experiencing this problem
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Andy, just to add to the other members I too have been getting:-

This site can’t be reached

The web page at https://netmail.pipex.net/c4/horde/imp/redirect.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

Let me know if you need my email address for any analysis
Highlighted

I'm still waiting for current information. I'll post back as soon as I hear anything. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Andy, not sure if it is related but all my synched "Sent" mails have disappeared - Inbox is ok.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Can the email team confirm if the deletion of my sent box is related to the fixes they are working on for access to webmail - I assume they will restore from a server backup ? Thanks

Highlighted

Hi crusoe80, you need to start a seperate thread for this. It won't be related. We don't offer mail backup so once mail is gone it's gone.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Webmail (TalkTalk Mail) will not work for me either with my Pipex DSL address. It fails to log on each time.

Highlighted

Is this happening every single attempt?