Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex e-mails

7 REPLIES 7
Grumpyolduser
Team Player

I think Talktalk is now responsible for pipex e-mail opportunities.

As a family we have two .pipex accounts.. Using webmail we can send and receive e-mails between the two accounts and can successfully send to our Talktalk accounts. However if I try to send from a Talktalk account to ONE of the pipex ones it bounces as undeliverable. The other pipex account is accessible most of the time.

I'm no technical expert but I don't know what's going on here.

Any ideas out there ?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Grumpyolduser 

It's good to have your report that you can successfully send from pipex to pipex and pipex to talktalk.

Talktalk to pipex works to one account but fails on another.  Does it fail every time?  What is the full bounceback error message?  And this is sending from TalkTalk Mail to pipex using webmail not an email client?

The usual reasons are:

• The pipex mailbox is full
  • The pipex mailbox is corrupted
  • The pipex mailbox is set to reject the talktalk email
 Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Grumpyolduser, Gondola is right. I'm not aware of a wider issue at the moment. 

Grumpyolduser
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

Yep, it fails every time to one particular pipex user. To be fair not particularly reliable at the best of times on the other one.

Daemon message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

* redacted name @dsl.pipex.com

Reason: The following message to redacted name@dsl.pipex.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 5.1.1 kaJdhqQllt1cL Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Reporting-MTA: dns; cm5nec [10.103.251.5]
Received-From-MTA: dns; [192.168.1.12] [2.97.0.3]
Arrival-Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 21:32:49 +0100

Final-recipient: rfc822; redacted name pipex
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 kaJdhqQllt1cL Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 21:32:49 +0100

Pipex mailbox is far from full.

All e-mails from Talktalk are via iMac Mail. Access to Pipex is always via webmail.homecall.co.uk

Any help you can give would be appreciated as the Pipex accounts are very good as a “rescue” resource.

Thanks,

Grumpyolduser
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Grumpyolduser 

The error message is indicating that the mailbox is unavailable / mail is undeliverable.

I assume the recipient 'M' has confirmed it's not full. My understanding is that the capacity of the pipex mailbox is quite low on the pipex platform (100Mb).

Can 'M' sign in and send email out from the pipex email address and see that sent email in the Sent folder? This is to make sure the mailbox isn't locked and not so full that the user is barred from saving a sent email.

And you'll have checked that the email address you're sending to is spot on correct?  I have checked the email address and it is a valid address and outwardly the mailbox tests ok. PS I have removed the 'hidden' email address from your post.

Grumpyolduser
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

Have done another test today, after checking all boxes, everything working fine now.  

Not too sure if you have a magic wand or not.

Thanks for your help (and for making sure the "hidden" address stays that way).

😊

Gondola
Community Star

Hi G

Nice one. I prefer to find a root cause... but good to know that the Gondola magic  works!

Community Team

Hi Grumpyolduser,

Glad to hear it's working again

Chris