Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex email account hacked need password reset

6 REPLIES 6
Evenbiggermc2
First Timer

my dsl.pipex.com email account has been hacked and I am experiencing a high level of spammed emails being sent from my account, I need to recover my account by resetting the password. Can somebody help me in how to do this please

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Evenbiggermc2 

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as they'll need to authorise a password reset.

In the meantime, please check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) does include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread from Monday onwards and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered

When verified, the password will be changed and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know the password and check it works. A computer generated password is not likely to be memorable so write it down carefully and store in a secure place.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Evenbiggermc2,

As Gondola says, we can reset your password. I've replied to your PM requesting some information 

Chris

Evenbiggermc2
First Timer

thanks I have responded with the information you have requested

Community Team

Hi Evenbiggermc2, I've raised the fault ticket for you and reset the password. Hopefully, Francis will call you later today with the new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

Evenbiggermc2
First Timer

well a big thank you for talk talk for resolving the password reset at least I don't have to change me email account with all the rigmarole that involves.

Community Team

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.