cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex email downloading slowly or not at all - again!

8 REPLIES 8
Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Over the past couple of days in addition to the ongoing problem of email sent from Pipex addresses not being reliably delivered to certain email addresses (Yahoo, Gmail etc.) - since the end of May I believe  - the old issue of failed connection to the server or slow download of emails has reared its ugly head again. We had had a few months with no problems of that kind, so it's very disappointing that it's started to happen again. Is the long-promised move of Pipex users to the new server ever going to happen? At the moment our email service is really not fit for purpose!

WearyCustomer
Team Player

I've noticed several days of receiving error messages re. unable to connect to server, connection timed out, etc.  I put it down to the usual TalkTalk Bank Holiday Blues, when you can guarantee that Pipex emails fail.  But it's continuing all week intermittently.  It says something when I take some perverse reassurance that it's not just me that's noticed it.  It was the same last August Bank Holiday.  The only difference is that this year, I'm paying 16% more for the same failures! The next Bank Holiday is Christmas.  What's the betting that it'll still be the same then?

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

@WearyCustomer 

Great username!

Pipex mail troubles will be continuing until the migration occurs. It is been said by Ady in support that this should happen this year. As December is a short working month and we are almost out of August, it isn't that long to wait.

The fixes for Pipex mail have not worked too well, so migration is the only option for them now I think.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I think it would be a lot easier for all concerned if this section of the forum had a 'sticky' thread or announcement at the very top outlining honestly all the continuing problems that Pipex users currently face, the symptoms users will experience and how this will eventually all be resolved. Might save new threads being created and new visitors to the forum seeking help with the same issues a lot of hassle..

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

Does anyone know if an OCE has responded (in any discussion) yet on this recent period of Pipex Pop Incoming Mail issue because I’ve posted under another discussion and haven’t seen any official feedback to what’s happening regarding a temporary fix.

Appreciate until migration is completed this is an ongoing battle to maintain an adequate service, but from my perspective it’s been quite good over last few months and it only started to fall apart 7 days ago.

Whatever's been done to maintain the service prior to a week ago, could it not be continued, even if that involves some manual work from the backroom guys!

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@SiHancox  I dont think theres been anything other than 'its to be expected given the state of the Pipex platform'. But I agree it has gotten worse the last several days and was particularly bad on Bank Holiday Monday.

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

I agree, but we keep being told that we should start a new thread or our issues will disappear as the existing threads are too old. That's why I started this thread today. If there is a better way to make sure that our issues are not forgotten I'm happy to go along with it.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Agreed that given the way the forums work at present we are compelled to start new threads as the old threads disappear off the radar and new visitors won't readily see them either so think the problem is something new. But if there was some sort of announcement that stayed at the top (like a couple of threads already do) then we and new visitors need only start a new thread if they experience something different to the ongoing crop of Pipex problems.

Pianist2
Conversation Starter
Makes sense!