Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex email is down

35 REPLIES 35
florat
Wizz Kid

The old problem has reared its ugly head once more.Today 15/11/19 from 7.30 am I cannot connect to the the server resulting in the following error message. Unable to send or receive messages for the Dsl.pipex account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10053.I All was fine and working well yesterday.So I would request the skills of OCE Ady who is familiar with these problems from the past.I've tried a number of times with no success .In need of urgent help please.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @florat The same here.  I have no access to Pipex either by POP (Error: 0x800CCC0F) or Webmail, either on Windows 10 or Android.  Presumably, this will attract the usual TT response along the lines of 'this type of issue is likely to continue until migration takes place'.  Since there is still no news about the latter, it would be good if a solution could be found for this current outage.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

Failed last night about 10pm. There is another post from other users reporting this 

Troglodyte
PeterAA
Team Player

No email since last night.

Service Status says all is fine!

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Me too!

Absolutely ZERO

Won't send or recieve

I THOUGHT it was to do with the deligtful "Windows10 update" yesterday afternoon/evening - & maybe it was, but my Pipex ( Part of TalkTalk ) simply isn't working

Also, if one goes to "web mail sign in ... that "bounces" at log-in AND the link "Having problems with your login?  Please contact us"  doesn't work either.

If one follows it you get this error message:

"No web page was found for the web address: https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/support/app/"

Really not good news at all ....

Something has broken very badly

mniven
Conversation Starter

Yup, all my toucansurf email addresses are stuffed.  I can't even get into webmail.  Would an OCE please give us an update?

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Same problem here. Nothing received since 8pm yesterday and can't send. And it had all been so good over the last few weeks! Very disappointing.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

YES

My webmail is also completely stuffed as far as I can see ....

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Same for me, total loss of Pipex mail service. We shall all be on the new servers soon (promised before the end of the year), so not long to wait and these long standing troubles will be long gone thankfully.

florat
Wizz Kid

I see that the problems with Pipex email are mentioned on the service status page and their latest update at 10.20am says that engineers are investigating as a priority which indicates that at least they are aware that there is a problem.

Community Team

Hi all, I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get to you. As you see as usual there's a message on the service status page and it'll be updated throughout the incident. 

Please feel free to ask any questions as always I'll do my best to get you more information. 

Ady

florat
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the response OCE Ady

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Is this connected with Microsoft's Windows 10 "update" yesterday?

I was using email ( with MS Outlook at this end ) normally, shut the computer down - where it announced that MS were going to do an update ...

When I came home, several hours later, I re-booted the machine to find everything working normally ... EXCEPT email, which was ( & still is ) utterly borked ......

Or is it a Pipex fault?

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

hi @GregTingey I really don't think they're connected.  I downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 Feature Update this morning after finding that I could not access Pipex. Regards

Community Team

You're welcome florat, sorry I was delayed as little working on another unrelated issue. 

Ady

Community Team

Hi GregTingey, definitely not Microsoft's fault. 

Ady

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi  @OCE_Ady Pipex email now accessible  on both POP and Webmail, hosted on both Windows 10 and Android.  Many thanks.  Regards 

Community Team

Hi MM, thanks for posting back to let us know that you now have access.

Ady

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Just come back up in the past 5 minutes ...

Let us hope this does not happen again.

THANKS

florat
Wizz Kid

Seems to be working as normal at  12.05 pm fingers crossed and touch wood.Thanks to all.OCE Ady,it would be interesting to know the cause of the problem once the info is available please.Cheers.