cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex email is down

Community Team

Thanks for letting us know yours is working too GregTingey.

Ady

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I have access (Webmail) also now, thanks.

Community Team

Hi florat, thanks for posting back to let us know its sorted. 

Ady

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

I'm up and running again as well. 

Community Team

Hi Pianist2, thanks very much for posting back to let us know it's working for you. 

Ady

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

OCE_Debbie thinks your post is awesome and has just given you a like!

Thank you Debbie. It is very nice to have a Pipex issue fixed in reasonable time, and is appreciated I'm sure, by us all.

It is also refreshing to see the status page reflect the issue, this hardly ever happens with Pipex faults, despite what Ady says.

Community Team

Hi pbar100,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

florat
Wizz Kid

Just to confirm that Pipex email has worked well as it should over the weekend and today.It was good that on this occasion action was taken swiftly and also service status informed us of the aforesaid action which was poor in past incidents.Once again thanks to all concerned.Is there any news of what caused the failure yet?

Community Team

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's been stable. I've not heard anything yet, but I'd expect the usual culprits would be a good bet. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

And just what are the 'usual culprits' ?

florat
Wizz Kid

And the usual culprits would be?.Could you find out please.

Community Team

The usual culprits as described by myself on several occasions previously are the compromised accounts with very weak passwords that are then used to attempt to send spam and bring the servers to a grinding halt with masses of concurrent login attempts. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Is it true the migration of legacy email domains, such as Pipex, to the new platform has been deferred, again, to next year ?

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Pipex POP servers have ground to a halt again for me this evening. Got worse as evening progressed and now cant get connected at all. Usual array of timeouts, disconnects and password box requests. Why has migration been delayed yet again when we so desperately need it.

florat
Wizz Kid

OCE Ady,Thanks for the explanation of the "usual culprits".Was that the cause this time?

Community Team

I've had no feedback on it, but it's almost always the same issue.

Ady