cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex email not sending or receiving

9 REPLIES 9
Chatterbox

Can email between the 3 family Pipex addresses on the account but not externally, since Friday. Spent some time changing account settings as recommended to facilitate the migration to IMAP ( which I don’t fully understand) They were verified but I now wonder whether I needed to do this?

Mike Chester
Community Star

Hi @Lilleybrook 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

You'll need to sign in with the primary email address not an alias email address.  The mail messages from TalkTalk about the upgrade to the TalkTalk Mail platform will usually indicate which email address is registered as the primary.

Let us know if you can sign in. If mail is not yet upgraded or you're trying an alias email address then you'll get a redirect out to the old homecall webmail sign in.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox

Hi and thanks. I’ve updated my profile as you suggest and used my primary emai address to log in (this is tge original Pipex identity ending   
@dsl.pipsx.com. It takes me to an empty mailbox with a talk talk and Pipex logo at the top left. Non of the sections are populated. hooe this helps

Mike Chester
Community Star

Hi Lilleybrook 

OK, indicating that the primary mailbox isn't yet upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform or the sign in authentication hasn't yet been updated. So, the full mailbox upgrade is still in transit.

TalkTalk will follow up on this to make sure the upgrade does complete.

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Chatterbox
Many thanks. Will look forward to the full upgrade. Do you know if these email problems last for very long?
Mike Chester
Community Star

Hi Lilleybrook 

The upgrade of mailboxes seemed to be going well and many users have been successfully upgraded.

A problem has happened and the symptoms indicate some mailboxes have been copied to the new platform and mail was being directed there but the sign in authentication may not have been updated because users were not able to sign in.

This isn't a typical operating issue so it'll be fixed but a timescale isn't available. 

Chatterbox

The non receipt of Pipex email has been removed from the service issues page but any rectification has made no difference to me. 
can anyone confirm that because we can send and receive Pipex emails now between the two family members on the same account we at least have the settings correct. It is if course emails from external contacts which are by far the most important as we live in the same house. 
thanks for any help available 

Mike

Mike Chester
Community Star

Hi Lilleybrook 

The issue that will have been fixed is the pipex server mail queues being full of mail awaiting onward delivery and the email admins will now be seeing the mail queues moving and mail servers accepting new mail for delivery.

I'll re-escalate to OCE_Ady to check that the mailbox upgrade and your mail sign in is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Chatterbox
My Pipex email has just sprung into life, though no emails which I’m sure would have been sent to me over the weekend are in my inbox. I’m grateful for small mercies though!
Mike Chester
Chatterbox
PS, thanks so much for your help for which I’m grateful.
Mike
Mike Chester