cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex outage due to The Register site interfering??

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
ico99
First Timer

Like others here, Pipex mail down via Outlook and also Webmail site.

Unlike others here, I and a few other people I know appreciate the fact that TalkTalk have kept these Pipex accounts running, even though we no longer use TalkTalk/Pipex as ISP.

Like others, I do keep meaning to change to a non-legacy email address, but laziness and life intervenes all the time...

Reading The Register techy website a couple of days ago, I came across a typically sensationalist article, featuring a couple of whining ex users of TalkTalk who made out that they had cancelled their accounts but were still receiving spammed emal due to their email accounts not being closed.

Apparently TalkTalk simply asked for proof of ID to close the account (as of course they should) but like typically petulant 21st century types, this they refused to do and were suitably outraged at having to lift a finger to do something themselves.

Of course, this encouraged a lot of shouty Register types to send the link to the article to TalkTalk and threaten Ofcom etc...

... which I fear might explain why TalkTalk have suddenly yanked the plug on Pipex etc.

(Or of course I could just be paranoid....)

If it is the former, can Andy and other helpful techies tell the management a) some of us have appreciated the Pipex accounts being maintained, albeit with occasiounal hiccoughs, and b) if they can't keep them open, to re-enable the mail service and then set a definite date for closing Pipex accounts (say, 3 months time) so that we can all change the various email address references elsewhere.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Skynet_TX
Super Duper Contributor
Many 'current' customers still use the Pipex mailboxes, so Pipex is not just a legacy service for ex-customers, anyone who used to be a Pipex customer and got migrated over to TalkTalk can still be using their Pipex mailboxes. I was one of those Pipex customers who was migrated over, I have since upgraded to TalkTalk fibre, so I am now a 'real' TalkTalk customer, however I still have the Pipex mailboxes that I originally had with my Pipex account.
Highlighted
cavedweller
Conversation Starter
Me too. I pay Talktalk every month for my broadband and line rental. I do not feel I should be grateful for a continually failing email system
Troglodyte
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

Apologies, I've now received an update to advise that this issue should be resolved. Is this now working ok for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

The earlier issues with our pipex mail have now been resolved, can you confirm if you're still having issues. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Skynet_TX
Super Duper Contributor
All been good for me today thanks
Highlighted
cavedweller
Conversation Starter

No problems for me today, thank goodness

Troglodyte
Highlighted
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Good evening

Many thanks for following this up.  All has been working well today.  However, many of us have wider questions that need to be answered, as articulated earlier in this and other threads. Our confidence in the reliability of Pipex emails has been dented yet again.  Could we please have a definitive response to those questions?

Thanks

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation that it's working now, apologies for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you experience any further problems

Thanks

Chris