would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex webmail sent emails not delivered

ANSWERED
101 REPLIES 101
DannyT
Team Player

having the same problem for some time now.... how do I log with Pipex/Talk Talk...this appears to be a webmail server problem.

Dan the Man...
DannyT
Team Player

I've been having this problem for some time....  I use //netmail.pipex.net to accedes my mail...  am receiving emails oK and I appear to be able to send but none are being delivered unless its straight back to my own email account with pipex.  I've been using pipex webmail for years with no problems so don't understand what if anything has changed... certainly nothing from my end... Any one any ideas...??

Dan the Man...
Gondola
Community Star

Hi DannyT

Some things to do so the TalkTalk team can investigate for you.

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the pipex email address to Private notes and save changes.

Do you receive any bounceback error message for the undelivered emails?  Let us know what that message is.  And just confirm that the undelivered emails aren't just to one type of email address e.g. btinternet, for example or microsoft family like hotmail, live, outlook, or msn.com?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi pbar100, there's not that many of you reporting this issue. I'm not sure I'd say widespread. Normally, if it affects the whole pipex base the regulars would all have commented. A few of you are having the problem that's for sure, but we've not isolated the cause of any of them yet. 

DannyT
Team Player

Not sure how long this has been going on but replies from my dsl.pipex.com account don't appear to be being delivered..  Not sure what info I can provide that may be of help... other than if I send to myself it works,  I don't get any error notifications to say emails unable to send etc...the only way I find out is when intended recipients chase me!!!  As I said its via webmail so I don't know much about the various SMTP settings, or other info.... where would I find out.?  I access my account on numerous different devices and browsers so it doesn't appear to be specific to any one type of client access etc. Any help/investigation would be very helpful

Dan the Man...
DannyT
Team Player

Recently get this when I try to reply top a message from Yahoo.co.uk!!This message was written in a character set other than your own. If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 12.9 hour(s):

obscured for customer securityyahoo.com

Reason: The following message to obscured for customer securityyahoo.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem: Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

How can I include here the report that comes with the error message ... ?? I dont want to cut and paste here and make public all the details etc!!!

Dan the Man...
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DannyT 

I'll escalate once more to the TalkTalk UK Community team and they can call for more details direct by Community Private message.

DannyT
Team Player

Thanks G,,

Is @Yahoo.com and @Yahoo.co.uk  he same... my emails are to an account @yahoo.co.uk

Note to the guys at talk talk... this is the only other provider i get a notification for... emails to other providers just didn't get delivered and I received nothing to tell me they had not been sent... (other than some angry follow up emails from intended recipients!!)

Dan the Man...
Gondola
Community Star

Hi DannyT 

Yes, yahoo.com and yahoo.co.uk are both valid email address domains.

When Oath took over Yahoo it kept the legacy email addresses of uk customers as yahoo.co.uk but for new customers of Yahoo Mail the email domain is yahoo.com

Community Team

Hi all, thanks for posting. I've been raising individual tickets for these, but now we've got enough of you I've raised this to the business as a potential incident. I'll keep you posted with progress as I get updates. 

Sharon25
First Timer

I am having the same issue, only realised today that email l have sent via my pipex email are not being sent.  Please can this be looked into as l have sent some important emails and fear they have not been received. Thank you

Community Team

Hi Sharon25, I've got an incident raised for this issue. Hopefully, it won't be too long until it's fixed.

Wartling
Participant

I have the same problem with emails sent to @Yahoo.au though it did affect other addresses during the past 2 weeks.q

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

'Hopefully it won't be long until it's fixed'.

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

I just discovered this thread as I'm having a similar problem with my Pipex email address, though I'm not l I'm using Outlook rather than sending through webmail.

I've been getting this message "maximum retry queue age reached" from some Yahoo addresses for a few weeks now and then yesterday it started on some AOL and Gmail addresses as well.

Now that I've discovered this thread I'm assuming it's something happening at my end rather than theirs, since other people sending emails from Pipex addresses are having the same issue. Help please!

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Hi, thanks for posting also. This is a TalkTalk issue which has been ongoing for almost three weeks, so please do not adjust anything at your end yet.

I have the same issues whether using a PC, phone or Webmail.

In fact, Webmail is the one thing which should be failsafe and always work, so when that is failing you know that TalkTalk have problems.

Ironically, even though there are many users reporting this, the status page for TalkTalk still states no e-mail issues!

Stewie7
First Timer

Having the same problem. Clients are not receiving my emails at all, sent test emails to my personal email address and not receiving them either. trying to run a business here and talktalk are losing me custom..!

Stewart Knight
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for adding to one of the threads with your issue also. It has been an ongoing fault for almost three weeks unfortunately, no sign of any info or help as yet though.

Community Team

Hi @Stewie7

@OCE_Ady is looking into the current email issue and has raised examples to our incidents teams for investigation.  I'm sure he will contact you directly via PM if he requires more info from you.

@pbar100  I can see you have your own thread for issues with your service.  Please can you refrain from posting comments on other peoples threads that are unhelpful and delay our response.  This is in violation of Community Guidelines and can be seen as spamming the community.

Thanks

Karl.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

HI Karl, thanks for the reply. I don't see it as unuseful though, it is important for users to know that the fault does not lie with their settings and that it is TalkTalk at fault.

Nothing worse than users wasting time altering their own settings, only to later discover that it wasn't their fault to begin with. Sure you agree?

I see far more bizarre posts than that on here!

Cheers.