Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex webmail sent emails not delivered

ANSWERED
DannyT
Team Player

It doesn't seem to have a very high priority!!!   This has been ongoing for weeks now.  Thank you for the regular updates, and for explaining how some of this might be down to spam prevention... however does seem a rather dramatic and drastic solution to have done something that prevents any messages getting through to Yahoo!!!

Dan the Man...
Flaneuse
Conversation Starter

A complication here: I have three email addresses for different purposes: (1) xxxx@talktalk.net, (2) yyyy@dsl.pipex.com, (3) zzzz@dsl.pipex.com.  I just sent some separate test emails to 2 different gmail accounts from all of them. (1)'s and (2)'s were delivered, (3)'s was not.  The pipex outgoing settings are the same. All three receive OK?

What is going on? 

Community Team

Hi all, I chased the incidents team yesterday for updates on this and hopefully we'll get some answers today.

close
First Timer

mine seems to working now ! Thanks

Community Team

Hi close, thanks for posting to let us know it's working. 

DannyT
Team Player

Still no joy sending emails  Yahoo.co.uk.... not even sure i'm getting DNS messages now either 😞

.  Any indication on timescales please......

Dan the Man...
Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Still experiencing problems I'm afraid, and the worrying thing is I don't seem to be getting error messages any more so I don't know they've not been delivered. Yahoo still a problem. Also I discovered today that 2 emails I'd sent to a college - with it's own .ac.uk email address - hadn't arrived and I had no idea. This is getting very tedious! 

Flaneuse
Conversation Starter

I too have had ones to non-generic addresses like xxxx@company.com not arrive.

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady .  As of this morning, I still have no connectivity with sky.com.  Gmail now seems ok.  I am concerned re: the reports about non-delivery to non-generic addresses, but with no associated error messages.    I use MANY such addresses, so will monitor that issue closely.

I appreciate your efforts here, but there are STILL continuing problems with Pipex email, and we have had to endure this particular issue for some time.  Can you please press for a DEFINITIVE solution?  Thanks.

Regards

Community Team

Thanks for posting to keep us updated I'll feed this back to the team again.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I feel for you, it is certainly traumatic having a lack of faith in your important e-mails, not knowing if they ever arrive or not. It's the one thing which support doesn't realise.

Because of these issues people will drift towards using free providers for mail such as Windows Live and Gmail, rather than have a loss of service for weeks on end which is not acceptable obviously.

And as soon as people do this, their ties with the ISP (because of not wishing to lose their long standing address), are broken, and it doesn't matter who the ISP is then.

You can flippantly change providers with no worry about your e-mail address changing or mails being lost.

Cybram
Chatterbox

As of this morning I am once again not receiving emails via Pipex.com. Your system keeps requesting a password and telling me the one I entered is incorrect. I am happy (and would like) to re-new my password but if I use the 'forgotten password' it will then send a link to my email address and as of this morning I am once again not receiving emails via Pipex.com. Also don't you think it would be a good idea to be able to view the password your are typing in rather than just a line of dots? At least that we you/I can be 100% sure you have not made a typo.

Community Team

Hi Cybram, please add the affected email address to your community profile in the private notes section. 

DannyT
Team Player

Hi are Talk Talk ever going to fix this/....... I still cant send emails to my Yahoo mail account.   Well actually "I" can send.... Talk Talk just doesn't deliver them.... This has been going on for months..is it ever going to be fixed!!!

Dan the Man...
Community Team

I've just had the invite to the call and it ends as my shift ends. I'll stay to make sure you get an update before I leave today.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Well, staying later in the workplace is never a nice thing and most would avoid at all costs, so that IS appreciated, thanks.

Community Team

I just want to make sure you've all the got this information as soon as possible.

Pianist2
Conversation Starter
Thanks Ady.
Community Team

You're welcome. 

Community Team

Hi all, here's the news I promised you. 

Planned email maintenance 10th July 2019

4 mins ago

As part of our ongoing improvements to our email domains, we've got some planned maintenance,

Start time - Wednesday 10th July 00:05 AM
End time - Wednesday 10th July 04:00 AM

Domains affected

• Pipex
  • Homecall
  • Homechoice
  • Toucansurf

Don't worry, you'll still have access to your emails during this maintenance window and shouldn't experience any issues. However, you may notice things are a little slower than normal or you might be asked to log in again in a few minutes.

This is the fix being put in place. Hopefully all goes well and I'll confirm that in the morning for you.