Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex webmail sent emails not delivered

ANSWERED
DannyT
Team Player

Thanks for the update Andy..... I'll not hold my breath.... I thought all these problems were due to be fixed a few weeks ago,  I accept may take a few days to apply across all domains and servers etc... but a month?????

Dan the Man...
Flaneuse
Conversation Starter

Sending from pipex address to gmail, emails again don't arrive. I don't know whether others are arriving. It's just ridiculous. We are paying for a service that simply does not work. What redress do we have?

Community Team

I've had confirmation that the fix was successful, it will now take 3-5 days for the servers reputation to improve. Please provide feedback as you feel appropriate. 

Community Team

Hi all, the good news is that the fix went in last night without a hitch. It'll take a few days for the server reputation to be improved. I'd welcome your updates as an when you start to see improvements over the next 2 or 3 days. If you don't by say day 3 please also let me know. 

DannyT
Team Player

Just so you know still aint working on Yahoo... and I know you said give it 3 days..... but if's it working by Monday I'll eat my Hat.   Thanks for all your assistance so far but its fair to say I have zero confidence that the fixes applied on Wednesday will sort out the problem. Hope I'm proved wrong!!!  It Used to work so why can't they roll back to the good old days.... Yahoo have no problem delivering to my Pipex mail account!!! 

Dan the Man...
Community Team

On the first morning the number of sent and received message went from 20k to 260k so we it's worked it's just a matter of waiting for the other ISPs systems to acknowledge the improvements or for their staff to change the spam settings manually for our servers. It's only been 2 days so far, there's time yet.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady how do you know the sent messages are actually received ? I've sent loads of messages to Hotmail and not one was delivered yet I never got a non-delivery report.

DannyT
Team Player

Hi Andy... as always thanks for the updates. Its now sunday and still no joy!!  I'm pretty confident that my hat will still be in tact tomorrow!!!  BTW for what its worth emails from Yahoo arrive in my pipex account almost instantly... the problem still seems to be with Talk Talk/Pipex. !!!!! 

Dan the Man...
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

A small step forward on Sunday:-

Messages to GMAIL delivered to inbox and not treated as Spam

Messages to YAHOO sometimes get through but after several hours and treated as Spam. Other times they are not delivered and non-delivery report no longer received.

Still nothing delivered to HOTMAIL and still no NDR.

Community Team

I'll ask the team if they know what's happening with Hotmail. 

DannyT
Team Player

Can you also ask what's happening with Yahoo too!!!!  (I knew my hat would be safe)..... perhaps the team should have a word with the guys at yahoo and hotmail etc they seem to be able to configure their mail servers to deliver mail to all the other service providers.

Dan the Man...
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady No Pipex webmails getting through to either Gmail or .talk21.com domains.  This has only been happening over the weekend.  Pipex via Outlook being received rapidly into the Inbox of both domains, without going via 'Spam'.  This latter is an improvement since Friday.  There appears still to be no connectivity with Sky.com or Yahoo.

Regards

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

These are my Monday testing results:-

GMAIL - worked fine. Straight to Inbox.

YAHOO - not received, nor in Spam folder and no NDR.

HOTMAIL - not received, nor in Spam folder and no NDR

So after 5 days only 1 out of 3 has been fixed.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @stevesurrey That's interesting, because NOTHING seems to now be able to be sent ANYWHERE via my Pipex Webmail (see above), including trying to send to a Pipex account!  In Outlook, I am able to send successfully into the Inboxes of both Gmail and talk21.com (hosted by Yahoo on behalf of BT.

Happy Days

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@Muddymedic my testing is always done with an email client (Outlook Express) as I never use webmail.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @stevesurrey Thanks for clarifying that.

Community Team

Thanks for continuing to feedback guys. I've passed on the information. I'm waiting for word back from the team as to whether yahoo and hotmail are normally slower to change or react. I'll post as soon as I hear. 

Community Team

I've had word that a drive issue caused the can't send to pipex mail issue. Could you retest and let me know how you get on?

DannyT
Team Player

Well as expected hat is perfectly safe and in no immediate risk of being Eaten,  Makes me wonder just how hard it is for one provider to deliver mail messages to another.  Clearly Yahoo guys know what to do.... shame the Talk Talk guys don't know!!  Just how long does it take for the changes made over 10 days ago to replicate... or lets be honest the changes clearly didn't fix the problems... well not with Yahoo anyway.   

Dan the Man...
Community Team

Hi DannyT,

Can you please retest and let us know how you get on

Chris