would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Privacy Manager : Reading Messages

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Ady 

I see the Privacy Manager has returned to TalkTalk Mail. Previously a fingerprint icon now a non-descript blue circle bottom right and a bottom of screen advertising panel.

There has also been a change to the reading of messages in the desktop version of TalkTalk Mail. 

Messages remain unread until marked as readMessages remain unread until marked as read

Previously I would select a message from the List View and read the message in the Detail View. The message would be automatically marked as read and the blue envelope icon would disappear from the List View.

Now the messages remain as unread. So there's an extra action required to mark each message as read. That's no longer automatic unless the message is double clicked and read in the larger view format.

Is this change deliberate or just a consequence of the changes in adding back the Privacy Manager and a bottom advertising panel?

I feel the operation of TalkTalk Mail was more fluid when messages were automatically marked as read when they were read. Now it's time consuming and clunky.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

I've passed on your comments to the team. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ady

There seems to have been some changes made. The Privacy Manager blue icon is no longer present and the mail messages on the desktop versions do now get marked as read when viewed.

In normal use the process of selecting an email for viewing does, as before, mark the messages as read.

I have noted an exception and that's when messages are sorted by Unread.  The unread flag isn't automatically cleared when the messages are viewed.  As I don't use the Unread sort mode for normal viewing of messages I cannot say whether that's a change or not.

Maybe some one who does use the Unread Sort mode in day to day usage can comment?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer