Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem accessing email inbox

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant

For the past month I have been having problems accessing my email Inbox.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

My browser is Firefox Version 69.0.2 (64bit).

I use McAfee Live Safe Security.

The process that I follow to access my email Inbox is:

1. Click 'Mail' button on TalkTalk Home page
  2. Enter email address in the 'Your TalkTalk email address' box
  3. Click 'Continue'
  4. Enter password
  5. Click 'Sign In' button

The screen then goes white with three grey circles fading in and out. I have been very patient and waited for various lengths of  time, once in excess of 30 minutes, but unfortunately the email 'Inbox' does not open.

I have tried accessing my emails using both Firefox and Internet Explorer but the results are exactly the same; i.e. after step 5 I am confronted with the dreaded ' three grey circles ' and the email 'Inbox' does not open.

I have tried turning off McAfee Real Time Scanning and attempting to login to my email. This made no difference to the frustrations/problems I am having accessing my emails.

In addition I have tried accessing my emails using another computer (running Windows 10) and the results are exactly the same.

Using my own computer I have noted that if I close my browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer) after the 'three grey dots' page is displayed, re-open the browser, re-load the TalkTalk Home page, click on 'Mail' the Inbox opens without  the need to enter my email address or password.

Any help you can offer to cure this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GrumblyBear

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GrumblyBear, if you click reload do you get the same thing? I've just been testing and only once had the 3 dots then reloaded and now it loads each time everytime.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested your suggestion and clicked on the 'reload current page' button and yes the inbox screen does display.

However the next time I attempt to access my emails I am again presented with the 'three grey circles' screen and have to click on the 'reload current page' button to access the Inbox.

Something is obviously not right and I your assistance to permanently fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Reagrds,

GrumblyBear.    

Highlighted

What happens if you try it in Chrome?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Ady,

I don't have Chrome but I have tried Internet Explorer and the situation is identical.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,

GrumblyBear

Highlighted

Hi GrumblyBear,

Not sure if this will help but I think it's worth a try. Can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know if this makes any difference 

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris,

I followed your suggestion and unfortunately it has made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

GrumblyBear.

Highlighted

Hi GrumblyBear,

When you said you tested on a windows 10 computer was this on someone else's Internet connection (not someone else's laptop/notebook in your home)?

Chris 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris,

I used my Wife's Windows 10 laptop on our home (TalkTalk) internet connection.

Regards,

GrumblyBear.

Highlighted

Are you able to test on someone else's Internet connection (friend or family member), just to see if the issue is related to your internet connection

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris,

I have carried out the test you requested and used a friends Windows 8 laptop and internet connection to access my email account.

This made no difference whatsoever since the result is identical to the problem I am currently experiencing accessing my emails.

It seems to me that this experiment proves that there is no problem with my own setup and the fault clearly lies with TalkTalk.

Your assistance to permanently fix this problem as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GrumblyBear     

Highlighted

Hi GB, is the affected email address the one in your community profile? I'm going to have to raise a fault ticket for you. 

Highlighted
Participant

Ady,

Yes, the affected email address is the one in my community profile.

However it seems that your threat to 'send in the tech guys' has had an effect as I can now enter my inbox without having to refresh the page. I am reluctant to say everything is now OK so, with your approval, I will monitor the situation and let you know the outcome in a week or so.

Hope that is OK.

Regards,

GrumblyBear.       

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Ady