Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with Onetel emails has not been sorted

22 REPLIES 22
Watchman2
Participant

My problem with Onetel ongoing since 27 September.  When I login through Horde I have an empty inbox and the following notices:
Mail server closed the connections unexpectedly
IMP is marked as authenticated, but no credentials can be found in the session.
Error when communicating with the server

Trying to access mail on iPad also brings up an empty mailbox.

please help me, I have phoned customer services every day and am told Case will be escalated and that I will get a call - nothing ever happens.

Watchman2
Participant

Having exactly the same problems as Andrew. This is been going on sinceWednesday 25th of September I have phoned customer services nearly every day and been told that my problem has been escalated. I give my phone number and alternative email but never hear anything back and nothing changes. I can access my folders via horde but the mailbox is completely empty. Where do I see the data showing me what percentage of my mailbox has been used?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Watchman2 

I think the OneTel email admins will need to investigate and probably run a repair on the mailbox. A fault ticket will need to be raised and to action this for you I've escalated this topic to the TalkTalk team who will respond here from Monday onwards.

Just double check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Check and amend if needed, then scroll down and add the OneTel email address to private notes and then Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will be able to link to your TalkTalk service account if you have one and refer to your OneTel email account.  You may be asked for additional verification of your OneTel registration.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Watchman2
Participant
Hi Gondola, thank you very much for your help.
Community Team

Hi Watchman2, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to raise the fault ticket for you. 

Watchman2
Participant
No change on my account. I’ve heard nothing, despite posting on here and phoning Customer Services almost every day. Just want to access my emails.
Community Team

Hi Watchman2,

Sorry for the delay, if you don't hear anything by tomorrow can you let us know and we'll chase it for you

Thanks

Chris

Watchman2
Participant
Thanks Chris. I’ll let you know
Community Team
Watchman2
Participant

Three weeks now without being able to connect to server/access emails.    Nowhere to go.

Community Team

Really sorry this is taking so long, I've emailed again for an update 

Chris

Watchman2
Participant
Thanks again, Chris.
Watchman2
Participant
Nada, nothing, zilch, rien
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Watchman2 

If no result over the weekend 'BUMP' on Monday as Ady will be back in action to chase this for you. I'll let him know you're waiting on the OneTel admins.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Watchman2
Participant

Thanks Gondola

Community Team

Hi Watchman2,

I'm sorry this is taking so long, Ady is actually back tomorrow so can you bump the thread then.

Chris

Watchman2
Participant
Coming up to four weeks without access to emails
Community Team

I'm sorry this is taking so long to get sorted. I've put a chase on it and will let you know what I hear back. 

Watchman2
Participant
Hi Ady
I had a message from Francis (?) at TalkTalk asking me to get in touch here about my password???