Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with tiscali account

8 REPLIES 8
munchimo
Popular Poster

Hi

I cannot access my tiscali account, I have tried changing my password. I think I may need to delete some emails, but I cannot do that without access!

thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @munchimo

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Tiscali email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email so you can get new password. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The OCE will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

munchimo
Popular Poster

I have just tried resetting password again, and I still cannot access the email, please could you look into it thanks

Gondola
Community Star

...how are you resetting the password?

• By password recovery using an alternate email or mobile sms ?
    Do you get any error messages?
  • By logging in to MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail > Change Password ?

munchimo
Popular Poster

the first option. no error messages, the page just goes blank and won't load. I think this has happened before when I went over my limit of messages

Gondola
Community Star

...Ah, yes if the mailbox is over the limit the account may just lock up.

One of the networks team will need to take a look to see if they can recover access. If the mailbox is over full then some emails will have to go to allow the email to work.  Can they just delete some of the oldest emails from the Inbox to get the thing functioning again? What do you think?

If the mailbox has got corrupted they'll try running a repair job and if this provides access then you could delete some to get it functioning again, maybe download a batch of emails and store them locally.

munchimo
Popular Poster

it is working now, thanks a lot!

Gondola
Community Star

...OK, but do delete or download a lot of emails to make space; more than you think.  If your mailbox has 10,000 emails you'll need to delete 1,000 just to give you 10% extra space.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi munchimo,

Glad to hear it now working, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris