would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems With Tiscali Email Passwords

10 REPLIES 10
JamesRice1966
First Timer

Hi can any one provide help?

I have a Tiscali email account (I am no longer a Talk Talk customer) and feel that it is been used or compromised due to some recent Facebook and Ebay suspicious log ins and would like to change my password on Outlook for better security.

As I no longer have a Talk Talk account I cannot access My Account  to alter my password online.

Can anybody provide support or link I could use to change my log in details or how to do so.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi James

If you can still sign in to the TalkTalk Mailbox here then you can set up Reset details (if you've not already done so). Access from the Menu (top right hamburger icon) and select Update your reset details from the drop down list.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the tiscali email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the password reset link. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password via this route. If you can still access the account then you can opt to send a Reset link to the account itself. The Reset link will be active for 30 minutes only.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective or you don't recognise the Reset details as yours and you cannot sign in then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi JamesRice1966, you do have password recovery setup and it appears to have your current mobile number. You'll be able to reset your password easily using the recovery tool.

JamesRice1966
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady

I am still experiencing problems trying to change my email password for my Tiscali account.

I have managed to log into my TalkTalk webmail page ok with my current Tiscali email and password  but the Password Recovery Setup link returns an error 'page not found'.

I also have tried the Restart option on the drop down menu and entered my mobile number and a alternative email address but have received nothing to date.

Any ideas if I can try another way of changing/altering my password

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi JamesRice1966 

Go to post 2 in this thread and select the Password Recovery option link from there.

There is an issue with MyAccount at present so some things aren't working as normal. Sorry about that.

Community Team

Hi JamesRice1966, the password recovery should still work, but it doesn't. I've got to raise a fault ticket for you. Please add your landline to your community profile. Post back once you've added it and I'll raise the fault ticket.

JamesRice1966
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady

I have just added my landline number on my community profile,  please can you raise the fault ticket.

Thanks for your help

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JamesRice1966 

The email admins are likely to refuse a fault ticket if they see you have access to password recovery. Self-help password recovery saves everyone time. If there is an issue at a particular step then let us know what that is.

Ady says you have your current mobile number set up so please do try the Reset your Password (click here) option with your mobile. 

Enter the email address, select the 'I'm not a robot' Re-Captcha test, then select Continue and on the next screen please elect to reset the password via the mobile number. 

Reset your password.png

When you get the reset code on the mobile number indicated in the green banner then enter the reset code in the box and select Continue.  Although as you can sign in to the mailbox you can still send the reset to the email account itself if for some reason the mobile isn't getting a mobile service connection.

Reset your password SMS Reset Code.png

And follow the instructions to set up a new ultra-strong password, recommended by me to be at least 10-12 multicase letters, numbers and allowed symbols.  Try multi-word strings adding numbers and symbols to create a memorable but hard to crack password.

Reset your password Cannot use previous 5 passwords.png

JamesRice1966
First Timer

Hi Gondola & TalkTalk Community support

Thanks for your help in the above matter

I have now managed successfully to change my password using the Reset Password link on my mobile and emails are being received/sent as normal.

Thanks for all your advice and help.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi James

You're very welcome. Community is all about helping each other so I'm delighted you're back in action.

Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.