Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems logging on

7 REPLIES 7
First Timer

Hi

I have an email account with TalkTalk and so does my partner but when she tries to log in it literally can take hours to connect with your website

We've checked the broadband and there are no issues and she has no issue with any other website.

Any ideas for a solution ?

Thanks

Community Star

Hi David

Is the mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform like talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk

The first step in troubleshooting for TalkTalk Mail is to:

• Open an Internet browser like Chrome or Firefox
  • and to sign in to TalkTalk Mail.
    Tell us if there's an error message and what it is, or if after the sign in there are constantly animated 3 grey dots or if you can sign in ok and see the mailbox Inbox.

If you can sign in and get to the mailbox then compose and send the same mailbox address a message to check that the mail message appears in the Sent objects folder and then in the Inbox.

If there are the three grey dots that eventually time out without sign of the Inbox then first clear the browser cache and cookies. What to do if you can't load websites 

Advice for Chrome browser - clear browser cache and cookies

Then try this approach for the sign in:

Manage Cookies before sign in

Before you sign in, Select the Menu icon (triple line) top right and then Manage Cookies.

Manage Cookies before sign in Accept none

Then select Accept None and when the pop-up appears select Yes, proceed.

Then enter your email address and select Continue then clear the password box and enter the password then select Sign in.

All of the above is when browser cookies appear to be holding up the sign in to TalkTalk Mail.

If the sign in is stalled then temporarily disable Internet security software that may be scanning and holding up the sign in and or re-launch the Internet browser with extensions or add-ons disabled.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Thanks

Sorry it's once the email address and password have been typed in it never connects

Community Star

Hi David

If you've followed the above advice and you see just the three grey circles animating then the two things to do are:

• Refresh the browser
    If you still don't see the TalkTalk Mail Inbox
  • Temporarily disable Internet Security on your device
    Some Internet Security packages do hold up the access

See Problems with TalkTalk Mail 

First Timer

Hi tried all that and still nothing

Community Star

Hi David

If all the advice up to now has been carefully followed and hasn't achieved a satisfactory sign in then it's serious troubleshooting time.

Run anti-virus and malware scans to detect and remove unwanted malware or potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).

Choose a browser, either Chrome or Firefox and run with all extensions or add-ons disabled.

Then repeat the advice previously given from the start including temporarily disabling Internet security software. All scanning needs to be off during troubleshooting.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile recommended). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

First Timer

This all seems a little drastic for a brand new laptop

Community Star

Hi David

If it is a brand spanking new laptop, is it still going through setup where the processor and or Internet access can be monopolised or maxed out.

If not, then what do you propose as a solution?