Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems receiving e-mail on dsl,pipex,com

12 REPLIES 12
Squires
Popular Poster

May I please ask Talktalk to put right the poor performance that is evident most of the time when receiving emails (many others seem to have had the same trouble for quite a while)? Sending is fine, and messages go off straightaway, but receiving is definitely not fine. My system regularly fails to get a response from your server and simply hangs for long periods, regardless of which machine I am using. Not a problem at my end I am sure - my internet connection works perfectly well; I have used the 'repair' function in Outlook 2013 many times, whereupon it reports that all is well, except that the problem persists. This situation is not what we are paying for, and I look forward to a response from one of your advisers. By the way, I use the POP method for e-mail.

Thank you.

Mr S. Squires.

Community Team

Hi Squires, our email product is not a paid for service and that is part of the problem. That said I'll gladly raise a fault ticket for you. I need you to provide any screenshots you can with the errors showing, details of a specific instance when it happens i.e. time etc.  Please update your profile to include your landline and mobile number if you've got an active account that will be all I need if you don't then I'll also need you to add the following in the private notes section of your profile:

I can help you get the password reset. I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Squires
Popular Poster

Thank you for replying. I have added name and phone no. to my profile, which you say is all you need. I can say that the problem is persistent much of the time, with no obvious pattern that would help to identify it. Nor would screenshots of Outlook saying '6 out of 7 tasks completed' and not getting any further. Do please raise a 'fault ticket' for me. I cannot understand how email is not a paid-for service! I pay Talktalk a monthly fee for connection, and email is included; therefore I am paying for it.

Community Team

Sorry to be a pain, but I do need a mobile number and ideally some screenshots of the problem as it presents for you. 

Squires
Popular Poster

I have added a mobile number as requested, though it is one I rarely use except for outgoing calls. I await developments.

Community Team

Are you not able to provide any screenshots? I need to give the team something to work with.

Skynet_TX
Super Duper Contributor
Based on the initial description of the issue it certainly sounds like this is exactly the same problem all of us poor ex-Pipexers are suffering, the email admins have been aware of this issue for 3+ months, although sadly I'm not sure it is really getting investigated any more. Apparently if we want to use an email client rather than use webmail then we are on our own.

I also really don't agree with the statement that TalkTalk are making that email is not a paid for product. Email is part of the service we get by subscribing to TalkTalk for our broadband. TalkTalk don't provide email to any old random member of the public (to my knowledge), you have to pay to have your internet from TalkTalk to get it.

But regardless of that, Gmail is not a paid for product, but if Gmail stops working for more that a few minutes it is headline news. If TalkTalk are providing a service then it should work properly.
Community Team

Hi Skynet_TX, as I've mentioned before if you're having problems I'm more than happy to raise a fault ticket for you. All you've got to do is update your profile with the necessary details and provide as much detail as possible about the fault and provide individual instances so that the team can isolate the logs for those instances and if you can provide screenshots all the better. 

Skynet_TX
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks Ady, I do appreciate you offering to do this, but I believe you have already raised tickets for various customers who have reported the issue in the 'main' thread about this incident, the problem I'm having is exactly the same as all of them. So the admins already have all of the info, I don't think raising a ticket for me would add anything new that would help them diagnose. A CEO complaint was also raised by another customer for this issue and this still got us nowhere, so I think we have hit a dead end now.
Squires
Popular Poster

Well, here for what it's worth is an image of Mailwasher failing to get a response from your server at about 11 a.m. today. Needless to say, my username and password were correct, and about an hour later it did receive emails quite happily. I see that WizzKid has complained of the same problem over a few months. Over to you I think to have things investigated properly at your end.

Community Team

Squires I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get updates by text message. Please let us know how you get on. 

Squires
Popular Poster

It is now 3 weeks since I made my complaint. The problem remains as before, and I have had no text messages about progress, contrary to what I was assured would happen. Please tell me what is being/has been done to improve the situation, if indeed anything is/has. Thank you.

Community Team

I'm sorry you've not heard anything. I've sent a chaser for you. I'll post back if I hear before you.