Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with Onetel email 1 August 2020

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, 

I've been having problems logging into my Onetel email account today.  When I have managed to get in it's been incredibly slow and eventually dropped out again. It has been a bit unreliable for the last 24 hours.

Can anyone advise what the issue is and when it will be resolved - I have some messages I need to access and reply to!

thanks

Debbie 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Debbie

The Horde Mailzone webmail login does appear to be unresponsive at present.  Onetel Mail was down for a short period yesterday so maybe an indication that the server is struggling. The mail server may just be very busy in coping with demands for access. 

The MX servers are currently responding as normal. If you're connected to the TalkTalk broadband network you can use an email app or email client like Thunderbird / Outlook etc.  If you already have an email client set up on a computer try that.

Let us know how you get on and we can offer further advice to follow up.

PS Just got the Horde Mailzone login up so agree that the site is not responding in a timely manner. A bit hit and miss as regards being able to sign in.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have same problem, as per the other day. Have tried on multiple devices and browsers. No access. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you for the information and your advice.  

Unfortunately although I've downloaded Thunderbird and been able to read my emails when I try to send anything I'm getting an error message:

'An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: cm2nec smtp.talktalk.net ESMTP server not available'.

Sadly, I am not very computer savvy and have no idea what this means.  It's also put my address book back to blank.

Alas, it looks like I'll have to wait for horde mailzone to come back and reconsider leaving onetel altogether after 16 years as so many ongoing problems of late  😞

Debbie 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Oh dear.  I tried to remove my onetel email from Thunderbird and clicked on 'close account'.... now I fear I may have deleted it altogether.  Eeek! 

(not having the best day today!!)

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @djdnld and @matzyx 

Currently, the onetel horde mailzone is not responding and one of the MX servers is not responding either. I'll alert TalkTalk once more.

Don't worry about the Account actions - Remove account in Thunderbird. This does not delete or remove the mail account from the onetel server just removes the management of the account from Thunderbird.   The mail account can be added back onto Thunderbird. However, success at confirming the account setup depends on the mail server responding which seems unlikely at present.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Debbie, is your mail working normally again now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.