Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Received emails from TalkTalk to say email boxes being cut off

3 REPLIES 3
Participant

Hi Gondola

I have the same problem as Rita for both my TalkTalk email and my partners. 

I’ve looked and looked for the correct  route to sort it but I can’t even find My Mailbox in My Account.

Have been trying to sort, including ringing TalkTalk for over two hours! Am ready to cry...

Please can you give me step by step instructions on what to do. 

Thanks very much

Rita’s message from yesterday

Community Star

Hi @AnonL 

The guide to managing your email in MyAccount (click here). The section is Email not showing in My Account. Click the down arrow to expand the section.

If you can't see your email address in My Account you can add it by following the steps below:

• Select My Services from the toolbar
  • Choose Manage TalkTalk Mail
    You'll see My Mailboxes (see screenshot below)
  • Bottom of page is the option to Add an existing TalkTalk Mailbox
    Select Add an existing mailbox
  • In the box provided, enter the first part of your email address and select the relevant email address ending from the drop-down selector
  • Then enter the corresponding password for that email address
  • Select Add
  • You will receive confirmation that the changes have been successful

Note: If you experience an error message, let me know what that error message is. Your mailboxes may be active but associated with a former MyAccount and that'll need me to escalate to the TalkTalk team for attention.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Participant

Hi Gondola,
Thanks very much.
At last I've been to spend some time reading your post and going on the computer to sort this out. I think I've done it! Your instructions were really clear and helpful.

This is the screen I got:

Due to COVID-19 we are currently unable to operate our contact centres. Wherever possible, please manage your services in MyAccount, check our Help and Guidance, or use our service centre for fastest fix on technical issues.
Success:
The mailbox has been added to your account. You can now change its password or delete it..
Manage TalkTalk Mail
Manage up to 5 TalkTalk mailboxes. You can create a new mailbox, add an existing mailbox to your account and update your passwords.
Delete

Change Password
Delete
Add an existing mailbox

Obviously I had the correct first bit of email addresses in above.

Do I need to do anything more to prevent TalkTalk closing my emails or charging me as I haven't subscribed to TalkTalk Mail Plus?

Thanks

Community Star

Hi @AnonL 

Looking good to me. Two talktalk.net mailboxes added and a banner message when each was added.

Success:
The mailbox has been added to your account. You can now change its password or delete it.

And all the correct functionality is there so job well done.

You have safeguarded those mailboxes within your MyAccount. Relax and enjoy free TalkTalk Mail for as long as you're a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer