Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recommended email clients

7 REPLIES 7
synkrotron
Popular Poster

Hiya Peeps,

I am currently using eM Client for my emails on my laptop.

Every now and then my Pipex account fails to download new email.

I am able to send emails, and they appear in my other account, which is provided by 123-reg.co.uk

My 123-reg account works fine.

My settings are as per the TalkTalk help page:-

Outgoing email (SMTP)smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming email (IMAP)imap.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port (IMAP) Secure993
Outgoing port (IMAP & POP3)587
STARTTLS/TLS/SSLYes

I'm on to the TalkTalk agent as I type but so far, no good, and I am about to throw in the towel.

I thought I'd ask here if anyone can recomment an email client that "works" with TalkTalk.

cheers, and many thanks in advance,

andy

andy
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Andy

Pipex email is a legacy service for which support is going to be made even more difficult after 25 May by the introduction of the GDPR.  If there is only limited historical data related to such legacy email users it means that it may not be possible to positively identify the owner of an email account to provide full service support.

Although the email client settings you're using are spot on correct what I'm suggesting is that now's the time to think about a new email service not just a new email client.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

synkrotron
Popular Poster

Thank you for confirming my settings Gondola, much appreciated Thumbs_up

I periodically move my emails from the webmail server to my client, which are then backed up on my hard drive. Problem now is, I have a whole bunch of e-mails in my "sent items" that I have not yet backed up and my client is refusing to recognise my IMAP settings and therefore see my sent emails.

Hopefully the situation will improve, otherwise I will have to go through the painful process of saving the most important emails from my webmail service.

Oh well... Such is life!

cheers

andy
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Andy

As you're a TalkTalk broadband customer is the Pipex email account added to your MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail list of emails?

If it isn't you can add it and associate it to your TalkTalk account by clicking on the blue link Manage Existing Email address.  There needs to be a spare slot in the list of 5 email addresses per customer account.

My understanding (subject to TalkTalk's confirmation) is that all existing customer email accounts will get migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail when launched. 

synkrotron
Popular Poster

My Pipex email is linked to my TalkTalk account and therefore I use that to login and manage stuff. I also get my bills sent to my Pipex address.

I tried the "manage existing email" link, and I got the message that my pipex email is already linked to My Account.

I think that, for now at least, I will start to use my 123-reg email address for important stuff and see how the TalkTalk email situation develops.

Thanks again Gondola Thumbs_up

andy
Gondola
Community Star

No worries.

I've asked OCE_Ady to see if there is positive confirmation that the Pipex email accounts are scheduled to be moved over to New TalkTalk Mail. He'll hopefully pick this up tomorrow and will be able to update us both. 

Have a good evening.

synkrotron
Popular Poster

Thank you very much for your time Gondola Cool_face

andy
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andy and Gondola, to the best of my knowledge which is vast and all encompassing all mail domains will be migrated to the new platform. 🙂

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.