Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recover Old Tiscali Email Address

6 REPLIES 6
First Timer

Hi,

For the past few days I've been trying to access my old Tiscali email address that I believe has been suspended due to me not sending emails from it regularly. I have an old account on another website that still has this email address registered to it and need access to change the account information. I have read that the Tiscali accounts are suspended after 180 days of no outgoing mail but can be reactivated upon request.

Thanks for any help!

Community Star

Hi @Dosto 

Let's check to see if the mailbox exists.

You could send the email address a message from another email account and see if you get 'unavailable' as a bounceback error message.

Enter the email address at mailtester.com and see if that comes back as all ok or red on the bottom line.

Try the password recovery option. Forgotten your Password there may well be a message that the mailbox has been deleted or another error message or could just give you the option of sending a reset to the account itself.

Let us know what happens in each case and we'll take it from there.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

On mailtester.com it says that the email address doesn't exist on the server. I also tried the forgot password way before and I can get as far as attempting to set a new password by sending a link to another email address, but I get the error message 'your password could not be reset at this time, please try again later'. Is there anything that can be done as it's really important that I gain access to this account. 

Community Star

Hi Dosto 

Looks like the mailbox is deleted.

I'll ask TalkTalk to definitely confirm.  Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then have a look.

First Timer
Thanks @Gondola,
So will this mean that it is lost for good? Is there anything I would be able to do to recover the address and access incoming emails?
Community Star

Hi Dosto

A deleted mailbox is not accessible, has no contents associated with it and for customer security is not recreatable. The address itself resides on a deleted database purely to ensure it cannot be used as a new email address.

As there wasn't a definitive message that the mailbox was deleted that's why I'm asking the TalkTalk team to double check the status for you.

Finger's crossed but you may wish to investigate alternative recovery for the linked account.

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I'm going to send you a private message to confirm some details so we can find your associated broadband and confirm your identify and find the account, im not sure if the email in question is the one in your private notes, if so it doesn't exist on our systems but once we have your details back via PM we can take a look 

Stephen 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.