would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recovering my Tiscali email address

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello

I cant get to my tiscali email address to rest the password. im stuck in a loop of reset password that goes to my account that i cant get to! Please help

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @njewhu 

If you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you should be able to change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots. 

As a user of TalkTalk Mail you'll have been prompted to set up Reset details to use the Forgot my password option to recover access to your mailbox should the system reset the password for security or should you forget the password.  But it appears you've not set up an alternate email address or mobile number to receive a reset code.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

If you're not a TalkTalk customer a TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message on Monday requesting personal data to verify you as the registered email user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, the password will be changed (or Reset details set up) and an email team member will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know the password (or let you know you can set your own password) and check it works. A computer generated password of 12-15 characters is not likely to be memorable so write it down carefully and store in a secure place. 

There's some good advice on choosing a secure password at getsafeonline.org

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi njewhu, I can get the password reset for you. I've sent you a personal message. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi njewhu

This has been raised over to our network teams for a reset request.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello

someone called me and left a message that they would call back but nobody has....

thanks 

Highlighted

I need you to add an alternate email address for password to your private notes and I'll get this sorted for you. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi there

obscured for customer security

Thanks !

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi any update please ? Thanks
Highlighted

I've not heard anything so I've sent a chaser for you. I'll post back as soon as I hear. 

Highlighted

Hi njewhu, I've checked and your recovery tool is setup for you now. You're able to reset the password now. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you for this!

Could you give some more details as the recovery tool link goes nowhere.

Highlighted

My bad try this one

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi sorry neither my tiscali email (Thats locked) nor my recovery email seem to work here?

Highlighted

I've just done the reset to your mobile and it's sat waiting for your code now so that's worked. Let me know how you get on.