cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recovery of Tiscali email

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

Please can someone help me with the recovery of my old Tiscali email account?  

A very important email has been sent to my email address which I am unable to access - the sender is unable to verify my identity without it.  I am caught in a loop!

Many thanks in advance.

Community Star

Hi @En6jwrs 

Does the tiscali email address still exist? i.e. were you using it regularly until recently?  Or has the mailbox been dormant for a while?  Years?  Normally mailboxes are flagged for deletion after 6 months of nobody signing in.

Try entering the email address at mailtester.com to see if the address is on the server. Any joy?

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password. If only the mailbox itself is listed then there's no Reset details set up yet.

Do you see any error message when trying the Forgotten your password journey?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the email hasnt been used for years and the mailtester reports it not active.

Is there anything that can be done?

Community Star

Hi @En6jwrs 

That confirms the mailbox is not active so in all probability the mailbox and its contents have been deleted by the system long ago through non-use.

The address will exist but only on the deleted database as a security measure to ensure nobody can recreate that address and pretend to be you.

When you tried the Forgotten your password? what happened there?  Which error message and when?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

If not used in many years it's likely the mailbox is lost, is your mailbox listed within myaccount? also can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.