Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Register Email Address to My Account

8 REPLIES 8
Rob_Roy
First Timer

I have a tiscali.co.uk email address that I have used for a number of years.   Of recent, I am receiving emails from TalkTalk as follows :

If you have TalkTalk broadband with us and want to keep enjoying all the benefits of TalkTalk Mail for free, link your email address XXXXX.YYYYYY@tiscali.co.uk to your broadband account by clicking below.

However, I am unable to add my existing account - I can see other historic accounts that I would gladly delete but I am unable to do so...  An error gets thrown: 

Error:

Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment.Please retry or come back later

I am getting really frustrated as the emails from TalkTalk state if I fail to register my email address (which I have been repeatedly trying) I will lose service...

Seemingly I have until 23/11/2019 to get this resolved but at the current rate that is looking unlikely!

Help...?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Rob_Roy 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team to come and help.

The usual reason for not being able to permanently delete a mailbox from the 5 listed in your MyAccount is because the email address is not on the active database.

Could it be because the email account hasn't been used in the last 6 months or because the mailbox has been suspended or blocked?

The TalkTalk team will find out and either take your instructions on deleting the mailbox or direct you to the Data Protection Team for deletion - Right to erasure 

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down to Private notes and add the email addresses for deletion and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Rob_Roy
First Timer
Thanks for the prompt response - that probably makes sense as I can vaguely recollect creating the email address I wish to delete but have no recollection of ever having used it. Happy to delete it in order to retain my main email address.

Thanks.
Community Team

Hi Rob_Roy,

How many email addresses do you currently have listed in My Account?

Chris

Rob_Roy
First Timer
I currently have 5 email addresses listed in my account - I would gladly delete (at least) 1 but each time I try do so I get the error message outlined in my original post:

Error:

Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment.Please retry or come back later

No matter how often I try, I have now tried over a period of weeks, I get the same response...
Community Team

Rob_Roy,

I can have any email addresses that you want to delete, deleted. If you only have one deleted then you still may not be able to add the tiscali email address due to a current issue. If you want two deleting then you should be able to add the tiscali email address. Please let me know how you would line to proceed and I'll sort this out for you

Chris

Rob_Roy
First Timer
Thanks for the response - as per the instructions from @Gondola I have indicated on my Personal Information within my Community Profile my preference as to which email address is deleted.

Appreciate if you could indicate when done and I will retry adding my preferred email address and will report back.

Many thanks.
Community Team

Hi Rob_Roy,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Rob_Roy,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information

Thanks

Chris