Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Registering email addresses

ANSWERED
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, Got an email from TT this morning about registering old email addresses in my account.

Does that also apply to onetel.net emails, as they can be accessed through a different web site I wasn't sure if they came under TT.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @fw190 

Manage TalkTalk Mail accounts, for TalkTalk customers, via MyAccount including onetel domains.

Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list and you'll see the list of (nominally up to 5) email mailboxes associated with a TalkTalk Broadband package.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

There's also the ability to Add an existing mailbox - a TalkTalk managed email address - to MyAccount so long as you know the email address and its password and so long as that email address isn't already listed in association with another current or former MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing mailbox.png

Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox to MyAccount is a feature for email management by TalkTalk broadband and email only customers. TalkTalk mailbox email addresses that can be added include those with these domain names:

talktalk.net
tiscali.co.uk
lineone.net
screaming.net
tinyworld.co.uk
tinyonline.co.uk
ukgateway.net
worldonline.co.uk
pipex.com
toucansurf.com
homecall.co.uk
homechoice.co.uk
dsl.pipex.com
dial.pipex.net
dial.pipex.co.uk
dial.pipex.com
solo.pipex.com
dsl.pipex.co.uk
onetel.com
onetel.net
onetel.net.uk
oneteldsl.net

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fw190, Gondola has given you all the right advice. Please let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Is the 5 addresses a global limit or just for talktalk.net addresses?

I have email addresses from a number of companies that TT has taken over so would end up with 8 to register them all.

If 5 is the maximum how do I cancel others that I do not wish to pay for.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi fw190 

Five mailboxes is the maximum per TalkTalk customer. That's for all of the TalkTalk managed email domains whether talktalk.net or legacy domains.

For any mailboxes listed in your MyAccount you can permanently delete them via MyAccount as explained in Managing your email in My Account.

For any additional mailboxes that you no longer require the best solution is to ask the Data Protection Team to delete them as explained in Access information we hold on you in the section subtitled The Right to Erasure.

Highlighted
Team Player
OK, thanks.
Highlighted
Team Player

Is there any easy way of contacting the Data Protection Team, all I am getting from searches is a postal address and have spent ages on 'chat' going round in circles with someone.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi fw190 

The Help article Access information we hold on you gives a postal address because they're expecting to receive paper copies of the documents as proof of who you are.  Getting photocopies is more reliable for them than receiving emailed attachments of low-resolution photos that they'd probably reject.

Remember to include your full name, date of birth, current address including postcode, landline number and TalkTalk account number.  Alternative contact details such as an active email address and mobile phone number are useful if they need to follow up.

Then note the items you're wanting deleted - your email address(es) as registered previously with TalkTalk or legacy companies acquired by TalkTalk. Include the landline 'phone number and postal address linked to those email addresses so they can positively identify you with the legacy email accounts. 

The process is compliant with the GDPR and the required checks are carried out because deletion of personal data is non reversible.  In my thinking, full deletion of the email account within a couple of weeks gives you better security than abandoning the account and potentially leaving it open to hacking whilst it awaits auto-deletion by the TalkTalk system through non-use.

Highlighted

Hi fw190, Gondola's information is accurate. You can also call and ask to speak to them specifically and you should be transferred straight to someone who can help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for all that.

I don't think there is anything on the accounts I am bothered about being hacked or whatever so if I just abandon them are the charges likely to be imposed on them.

I have tried adding them to the registered email list as I noticed there was a delete option on it but it will not accept some of the accounts.

If you leave them and ignore the mails from TT the accounts will just be closed down, there won't be any charges.

Highlighted
Team Player

Think I will just try leaving them then, thanks.

I went onto the onetel 'mailzone' site and there was a bit in the help section about closing accounts but when I tried it I just got 'server not responding'.

Highlighted

I can't imagine that information is fully up to date. Everything posted in here is accurate as at today. If anything changes I'll let you know although that's unlikely as most of the new rules were created by the email project team I'm part of. 

Highlighted
Team Player
OK, thank you.
Highlighted

You're welcome. Feel free to ask away if you're unsure of anything.