would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reset old email password

7 REPLIES
TomWhitworth
First Timer

Hi,

I am trying to reset the password of my mums email address for her so I can set it up on her new iPhone as she has forgotten it. However I cannot reset it because we no longer have an account with talktalk so there is nowhere for me to go to reset it...this email is 15 years+ old and we haven’t been with talk talk for around 3 years.

Please help!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Tom

Did your mum set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option if she still has access to the mobile phone number or alternate email address.

If not, she'll need to prove legal ownership of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Her Full Name.

Her Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address when she first registered.

Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered.

Include her mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when she'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with the setting of a new ultra-strong password.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi TomWhitworth, once you've followed Gondola's advice post  back to let us know if you still need help.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Highlighted
TomWhitworth
First Timer

I have done everything that I was told to do by user 'Gondola'. Now do I wait for someone to get in touch with her?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Tom

Ady will advise tomorrow. What happens is that the email ownership details are checked and verified and ticket is raised for a new ultra-strong password which is then passed directly to your mum on her mobile contact number. A Networks team member will run through a security check with your mum, give her the password, and, if possible, try to make sure that the password is working ok.

A heads-up that the password isn't going to be particularly memorable so give your mum advance information to have a pen and paper handy to write down the password.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi TomWhitworth, I've raised the fualt ticket for you. I was concerned about the DOB you added. Can you double check it for me and if you have to modify it let me know as soon as possible then I can correct the ticket. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

TomWhitworth
First Timer

My appologies, that was a typo. I have now corrected it, thank you!

Community Team

Thanks, I've asked for a call for you today.