Need help?

Reset password ...

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
bogenbroom
Repeat Guest

Hi,

Since joining TalkTalk I have never accessed my @talktalk.net email account and do not recall setting a password.

Now that I wish to use it (also realised it is my billing email address) I cannot login. If I select “forgotten my password” it only gives me the option to send the reset to the very same email account I do not know the password to!

’My Account’ does not give me an option to update the password either, I have tried Customer Services once and they failed to resolve it.

Thought this would be a simple process, any ideas on how I can reset my email password?

Regards

bogenbroom

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @bogenbroom 

Can you sign in to your MyAccount? https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/manage-email

Try the Change Password option for the MyAccount linked mailbox using the MyAccount password as the existing mailbox password.

Or, unless the mail account says it's blocked when you try to sign in to TalkTalk Mail here then try the same password as you use for MyAccount.

If you can sign in to the mailbox then please add Reset details via the main Settings Menu (triple line icon on the right side header or cog icon on mobile version) > Settings > Update your reset details.  That's so you have password recovery options available when you cannot remember the mailbox password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
bogenbroom
Repeat Guest

Hi @Gondola 

Thanks for the reply, I have previously tried all your suggestions to no avail.

In ‘MyAccount-LoginDetails’ it states I have no linked mailbox, however my personal details show my TalkTalk mailbox as myname@talktalk.net

Now I am getting “We are sorry, this service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.” and this happens frequently.

I cannot create myname@talktalk.net in ‘MyAccount’ as it says it is not available and I cannot add an existing mailbox because it asks for the password.

I only want to reset my TalkTalk email password 🤔 😢 

The quest continues ...

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi bogenbroom 

Your explanation is perfectly clear and tells me that your email address mailbox is not added to your current MyAccount which means it'll be associated with a former MyAccount. And, you've not set up Reset details for password recovery for the mailbox.

Both issues are easily fixed. TalkTalk will need to set up your alternative email address and mobile number for the essential password recovery Reset details and raise an escalation ticket to have the talktalk mailbox added to your MyAccount.

Please do a quick double check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the TalkTalk.net email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and start the processes from Monday onwards.

You'll get a reply here from the OCE and a follow up Personal message that'll be accessed via the envelope icon top right of this page by your avatar when signed in to Community.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi bogenbroom, I can help you get the email migrated from the old account and added to the new account. 

I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to make the changes. 

Ady