Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sending and receiving emails not working

5 REPLIES 5
nicky62
Wizz Kid

Suffered for 3 days in March not being able to send emails . . today one step worse - can't either send or receive.  Hapless talktalk advisor simply says to call back in 3 hours.  Having gone through usual rigamorole of ringing - first being met by dulcit toned recorded woman asking which service, then password recognition test, then music then being told at length they do understand your problem and will try best to assist . . just to be told to repeat whole process in about 3 hours - ughh?!  Bad day to be without email for number of reasons, worst of course is that the senders are blissfully unaware (unlike a telephone call), that you haven't received their communication and will therefore be wondering why no response?  Very annoying.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Nicky

There is a current service issue. Service status reports that it's under investigation.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Phew . . back on. (Note to self, begin process looking for a reliable service).  Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Nicky

Thanks for the update.  My advice is definitely to have a second email service, non-ISP, like gMail or Yahoo or Microsoft Mail etc. You have this both as an essential recovery mechanism as well as for those times when, for whatever reason, your primary email service is not available.

Have you had a peek at the new TalkTalk Mail?

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi

I do have separate gmail but was unaware I would receive messages that have been sent to my talktalk email address to it (i.e. none of the messages that were held up arriving in my talktalk webmail had gone to my gmail email?!)

Thanks

Nicky

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Nicky

You can set up email auto-forwarding but if an email server is down then the forwarding wouldn't happen. No, I'm advocating the use of an alternate non-ISP email service for password recovery and for use if your principal email service is offline, just so you can carry on communicating.