would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sent email being marked as spam and won't send

10 REPLIES 10
molly57
Chat Champion

Good Morning

I sent an email to a friend this morning which has been sent ok. I then tried to send an email with similar content to another friend and this email won't send as it is being listed as spam.

I have tried it on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer and they all won't send this email so the issue is with TalkTalk and not the browsers.

How do I get this email to send? The recipient is in my address book and has received emails from me before.

Community Team

Hi molly57, what's your email domain? Have you logged in to webmail and checked that your mail filters aren't causing a problem for you?

molly57
Chat Champion

Good Morning

Thank you for your reply. 

I don't know how to check my domain or how to check my mail filters. I still cannot send the email to my friend. 

I did say I felt this was a TalkTalk issue but I do not know for certain. I did a Windows 10 upgrade/update at the end of last week and since then my computer has been doing "Stupid" things that I can't explain and that I have not instigated. Things like logging into sites. Passwords that were perfectly valid 10 minutes ago are no longer valid and I have to change my password on that site. This morning I had no internet and no "network settings" at all. I had used the computer fine a few minutes before and then all of a sudden when I tried to do something else my internet had gone. When I tried to reconnect I was told I had no settings, talktalk had disappeared from the list along with all the other wifi connections in the area that show up. My network and internet settings was totally blank and the internet access bars were showing as a world globe symbol with a line through it. I have never seen that symbol before. My router was still connected and working as I was able to access email on my mobile. It took me several shutdowns and restarts to get my internet connection on this computer back. Also Windows Edge has become unworkable and I have had to change browsers to Google Chrome which seems to be working fine at present!

I don't know what is going on. I have not touched or changed anything on my computer. These problems have all started coincidentally since the Windows 10 upgrade. 

Community Team

Ok, your email domain is whatever@talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk etc. To check what mail filters you have set you need to go to https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX  login and then follow the steps To access the email settings, click on the burger icon on the right side of the menu bar. A drop-down box will appear and you can select “Settings”. Browse to “Mail” in the settings area. This section offers you basic settings for your email account. Additional settings are available in the subfolders "Vacation Notice", "Auto Forward", "Filter Rules", “Blacklist” and "Signatures". You want the filter rules and then check to see that the email address you're trying to send to isn't blocked. 

molly57
Chat Champion

Thank you for the advice which I have followed. The email address I am trying to send to is not in the "Blocked Sender Filter" Folder. In fact I have no blocked senders at all. 

One observation whilst carrying out the above TalkTalk is very slow to respond and when I first accessed the settings the following error message showed up before allowing me access.

Timeout while performing authentication against sieve server 127.0.0.1 at port 4190: Exceeded timeout of 6000milliseconds while performing "PLAIN" SASL authentication for 3@2068012

Regards

molly57
Chat Champion

Also whilst accessing the settings in a different window I was logged out of TalkTalk mail and had to re-enter my login details. 

Community Team

Ok molly57, please add your landline and mobile to your community profile then add the email you can't send to in your private notes on your profile. Once you've added it le me know and I'll raise the fault ticket for you. 

molly57
Chat Champion

Good Afternoon

Can I ask why this has to go forward as a complaint?

I have previously complained to TalkTalk for other issues and not had a good experience whilst the complaint was being resolved. I was promised telephone calls at set times or within set time periods which did not materialise. I had to chase this up paying out for telephone calls I should not have had to make. 

At present I have a serious health condition which involves me having to rest or sleep during daytime hours and also attend multiple hospital appointments each week. Therefore I am not able to commit to receiving a call back at a set time or date which might interfere with my medical arrangements.

I asked the community for help with a minor issue. The answer has not been found which I accept. I have now contacted my friend by other means which I should not have had to do and a simple email from my TalkTalk account would have sufficed. All I can say is TalkTalk have not been the best internet provider I have had. 

Community Team

If I raise the ticket and as you're using the community to report the issue there's no commitment to take a call. I have to raise the fault ticket as this needs to be investigated by the Email team. 

molly57
Chat Champion

Good Morning

I have now successfully sent an email to the email address I had problems with a few days ago. If you still need to submit a complaint then I will only provide my email address for contact. Although there is no need for me to provide TalkTalk with my details as they have them already. 

Community Team

Thanks for letting us know you've sorted it. I'll close the fault ticket now.