Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Serious Email Problems

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,
After receiving an email from TalkTalk to my TalkTalk email address in my Office 2016 email account, implying that any TalkTalk emails addresses not registered with the TalkTalk webmail system, could loose their email address unless they paid a monthly fee.
To prevent this I signed in using my TalkTalk email address. This has now stopped me getting the emails in my Office account.
Up to now, no one at TalkTalk has any idea on how to REMOVE the email address from the TalkTalk webmail system but NOT deleting it so that my emails go to the Office account.
I have set up a new TalkTalk address in the their webmail accout with the hope of REMOVING the main address.
Doe ANYONE have any ideas on how this can be done please?

An expert in nothing!
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Delta25 

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer?  If you are then the message from TalkTalk advises you to add the mailbox to your broadband customer MyAccount.  The advice article Managing your email in My Account explains how to do that.

An Outlook 2016 email client will still work with TalkTalk Mail - unless you get to the point where if the mailbox has not been added to your MyAccount or you are not a TalkTalk broadband customer and have not subscribed to Mail Plus then collecting mail messages via an email client will be removed.  The recommended email settings are given in the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Delta25, how long ago did you receive the email? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.