Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Server timeouts have started again

13 REPLIES 13
SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

After several months without this problem it's come back. All day I've been getting server timeouts with error code 0x800CCC0F (the connection to the server was interrupted). Why TalkTalk, why????

SoozySoo
Community Team

Hi SoozySoo, are you still having problems with this today?

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

It's not as bad as yesterday but I'm still getting occasional server timeouts

SoozySoo
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @SoozySoo .  I've had a few timeouts too yesterday (Friday) and today, but they're pretty random and transient.  First time I've had them for a while. Regards

Community Team

I've dropped a mail to the email admins to let them know that you're seeing problems again. 

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

More server timeouts again today. Sick of having to put up with timeouts, all the incoming spam and the outgoing email delivery problem. Words can't express how utterly disgusted I am by TalkTalk's appalling email service which is simply not fit for purpose. I've been patient and hopeful for months and months but I need a service I can rely on. I'm dreading the eventual switch to the new platform as I can't believe that this will be problem-free or even provide a better service.  

SoozySoo
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @SoozySoo I've had a few more timeouts today, but they only seem to last for a very short period, but are nevertheless annoying.  I've also had (for the first time in ages) a couple of bitcoin phishing spoofs yesterday and today...and of course am STILL experiencing the lack of reliable connectivity to a number of email domains.

Still no update from TT today, though!

Regards

Community Team

I've not heard back from the email team yet. I'll let you know what I hear. 

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

Yet more server timeouts again today - beyond annoying.

SoozySoo
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @SoozySoo Same here over the past couple of hours.  If you haven't already seen it, then you should check out Pipex Webmail repeated log-in failures which I kicked-off this morning following issues with that platform overnight.  Also see Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing and Pipex - Emails Not Sending .  @OCE_Ady observes that these issues are all associated with compromises regarding a number of legacy Pipex accounts, and seems to recognise that this will only be solved once we have been migrated to the 'new' email platform.  However, there is still no clarity when that will happen, even though some of us continue to press for some sort of date.  But you probably knew all that!

Regards

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Even when Pipex POP servers are working 'normally' I always experience the odd connection hiccup. But over last day or so these hiccups have become all too common. The usual POP server timeouts or password requests affecting any or all my 3 Pipex email addresses at any connection attempt.

Community Team

Hi guys, the email admins are working to get the compromised and spamming accounts blocked or reset to stop the erroneous logins and spam. I'll let you know when I hear back. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Have noticed the POP servers are much more responsive in past hour. I hope I am not speaking too soon and the Email Admins work is genuinely bearing fruit.

Community Team

Fingers crossed.