cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2 REPLIES 2
First Timer

Ive got the same problem. Trying to keep my email address, have tried repeated calls to helpline but closed. Wont accept my password etc to pay £50 to keep service. Is Oftel or Ofcom still investigating these charges. can anyone please advise me? I am retired and cant really afford these extra charges at the moment? thank you.

Community Star

Hi Kevin34 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?  You don't need to sign up to MailPlus as TalkTalk Mail is free for up to 5 mailboxes. Just add the mailboxes to your MyAccount. Managing your email in My Account see the section 'Email not showing in your MyAccount'.

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer you may be restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.  Click the link here to subscribe for just £5/month.

Webmail only access is via the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

If you wish to migrate your mail service use to a free provider then there are still free mail services like gMail or Yahoo. You'll get a new email address as you cannot migrate the talktalk email address to another service provider.

If you're not a current customer of TalkTalk and you have a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access. But for the time being, deletion is suspended because its more important that everyone can stay in touch with friends and family. 

If you need more time to migrate your mail service use and alert your contacts to a new email address with a free provider and you're ok with webmail only access then subscribe to MailPlus for £5/month until you're confident you need only 2 years' more webmail only access to conclude your migration and then call to cancel MailPlus. Cancel your TalkTalk service see the MailPlus section.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

SimonB