Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Spam Reporting Problem

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Enlightened One

I often report spam emails to TalkTalk by forwarding them to spam@talktalk.net. This afternoon I tried to do this but received the following response from the mailer-daemon with both attempts

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):
  * spam@talktalk.net
Reason: The following message to spam@talktalk.net was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 5.1.1 zmAEhY2kpYZX1 Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Something up with that address or is it yet another issue sending from Pipex ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

There's definitely something wrong with it. I've raised it and thanks very much for letting us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Just had confirmation that you should be sending to spam@talktalk.co.uk. I'd missed that when I checked it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I have always used the address set out in this page

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Report-a-phishing-or-spam-email/ta-p/2223984

Is that wrong then ?

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I should have also said that I forwarded an email to the 'net' address earlier and did not receive a non-delivery report this time.

Highlighted

Yes the article is wrong. I've advise the online copy writer. Thanks for raising this. 

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I guess if I have hitherto been misadvised to use the wrong address it would explain why I kept getting the same spam despite reporting it umpteen times.

NB. I note that page I linked to earlier has been updated to read the correct address. However, when I right-clicked it to copy it and then pasted it in my address book it still came out with the 'net' ending. So something is still amiss with that page.

Highlighted

I'm not sure whether the email has changed or whether it was a mistake, but I asked Tayler to change as I'd had the address confirmed by the security manager responsible for the management of spam.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Thank you @OCE_Ady. As I said the address has now been changed in that article so that it looks correct with 'co.uk' but when you click the link (hyperlink ?) the address still comes out as 'net'.

Highlighted
Solution

I've let Tayler know thanks.