Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Subfolders

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi there, 

Could someone from TalkTalk please erase the thousands of subfolders on my email addresses? The constant Outlook pings (mailbox folder name too long) are driving me round the bend.

Thanks

Anne

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anne

TalkTalk don't erase customer data. It's easy for you to remove unwanted folders in Webmail. Just sign in to your mailbox at Https://TalkTalk.co.uk/mail

If you need any more help when you get into the email account just say.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

The folders don’t appear in the ‘Manage Folders’ section unfortunately. They are all new Inboxes called ‘Inbox 1’ ‘Inbox 1 1’ and so on (which I didn’t create).

Thanks a lot

Anne

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anne

I don't recall seeing that before. If your email address is now on the new TalkTalk mail platform then the folder view is on the left side of the display and sub folders will be viewed by selecting the right arrow to the left of the main folder that contains the sub folders. 

Do you see them?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

That’s what it looks like below and it goes on and on. Thanks Anne

07CF36E5-D719-4838-9682-2F07E881910E.png

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anne

Ah, you're using the mobile version of TalkTalk Mail. The layout is slightly different to a larger display with the expand folder view right arrow to the extreme right of My Folders - but you've found the folders so that's good.

They're personal folders. All individual so they'll have to be dealt with individually. They look to be copies of standard folders. Have you previously used email aliases and they're the folders for the alias email accounts?

I see that Inbox 1 1.Spam has got 3 unread emails in it. I guess you probably don't want those but if you do wish to check through the folders to see what emails they contain then just tap on the folder name. It'll indicate Empty if there's nothing there. Any emails will show which email address they've been sent To which may give you a clue as to why the folders are there.

Select < Folders to return to the folder view.

To delete the folders:

• Select Edit from the toolbar top right
  • Tap the folder name
    You'll see a menu and near the bottom are the Delete options
  • Tap Delete and then the confirmation Delete
  • Repeat for all unwanted folders

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

I just deleted all the folders and it took me over 30 minutes. I logged out and into webmail again and they are back. This is only for one email alias - I have others with the same problem. I checked the emails and they are all addressed to the same address. It is now impossible to use Outlook on my Mac at home because of the constant error messages saying that the folder names are too long. Deleting the folders in Outlook does not work either btw.

Thanks

Anne

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anne

One or other of your email clients / apps are causing the folders on the device to reappear in the webmail mailbox.

If it were me I'd be sure that everything I wanted was in the standard folders in Webmail or save wanted emails to a local folder on the MAC or to the email account and I'd then delete the email account in Outlook and any other clients / apps that are synchronising to the mailbox so I could be positive that I'm just dealing with the webmail mailbox on its own without any other device resynchronising those unwanted folders.

Delete those unwanted My Folders and this time they shouldn't reappear. Try it with a few just to test they don't come back.

Then when you're sure the mailbox is working as expected, add the email account back into Outlook.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Anne, it looks like Gondola has got you sorted. If not please let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.