cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Subject: pipex email password From: Rufford Dave Date: 15-04-2020 09:13 AM I have been trying to obt

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Rufford Dave
Chatterbox

Subject: pipex email password

I have been trying to obtain my pipex email password from TT for 7weeks now to no avail. I have forgotten it and my computer has not saved it. I can get into my account by using my gmail account and my email does appear in manage mail but there is no option to change password.

I have seen somewhere that TT can send a temporary password....is this the case and how does this happen?

Someone kindly replied with an answer yesterday in private emails. I can find the email but cannot open it. Could someone tell me how? 

Thanks

Rufford Dave
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Rufford Dave 

TalkTalk will need to verify you as the registered pipex mail user and authorise a password change with the pipex email admins.

When the pipex mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up Reset Details for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

Until then just please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the pipex email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user. You'll get an initial response here from a TT Staff member.

You'll receive via Community Personal Messaging (Click here for the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page... a data verification request from the TT Staff member prior to authorising the password change. Only give details to TT Staff.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Rufford Dave
Chatterbox

I cannot get or send email now for a week and my webmail service will not allow me to login.

Rufford Dave
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

Just noting that I've escalated this topic to TalkTalk on 16 and 25 April for authorisation for a pipex password change.

Rufford Dave
Chatterbox

Thank you Gondola

Rufford Dave
Rufford Dave
Chatterbox
Solution

I have to say that all is now well . The phone call came through on Wednesday from TT with a new password for my email account and all is now fine.

Thankyou for helping

Rufford Dave
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

Great to hear you received a new password.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

ElsieElsie
Popular Poster

Why does this take so long, Gondola? Why do they treat us Pipex customers with such disdain?

Elsie
Gondola
Community Star

Ooh, Elsie

I wish I could get a treat!  But it's not Halloween yet...