Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TISCALI POP SERVER FAILURE ?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Every attempt this morning to download messages for my screaming.net address gets immediate failure.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Is there a problem with it as was working fine yesterday ?

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Enlightened One

I just checked webmail. Altho I can log in just fine within a few seconds I get this message:-

Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

With Webmail, I get this message -

Unknown Hostname

The DNS for a domain points at this server, but no virtual host has been created.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I'm getting that too. My advice is to use a different email service because TalkTalk/Tiscali is very unreliable! I only use it occasionally now because there are alway problems with it.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for replying, it's always good to know that it isn't just you getting a fault!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I just had a live chat and got this:

Alright there is currently a known issue with our email service which is being investigated. Engineers are currently working to find a resolution to the problem. We hope to have the service back up and running again as soon as possible. There will be compensation provided for this total loss of service.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Compensation? I doubt it, but that's a first having them mention it! Thank you for the info.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I have just had a compensation will be awarded message from TalkTalk too! Apparently there is a total loss of e-mail service?

Highlighted
Enlightened One

My email client can now successfully connect with the Tiscali POP server but now I cannot login to webmail to see if thats working OK too. Just one problem after another!

I am curious about this talk of compensation. Who at TT said this and where/how? What form will it take?

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

With having no response from support on here for a couple of days, I contacted support via Live Chat. As soon as I said I had a Webmail issue, I was told that they currently have a critical error across the board with e-mails and compensation will be offered to all affected, and when the issue is fixed this credit will show up on your account.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

compensation will be offered to all affected, and when the issue is fixed this credit will show up on your account.

I hope it does but when have TT ever done this for previous incidents - never in my experience. I remain highly skeptical.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Tiscali POP servers are still working OK for me this morning and I can now get into Webmail and thats working OK too. For me at least looks like TTs engineers have successfully fixed the problem.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, all "back to normal" - let's see how long for this time. I only really use my Tiscali email for my TalkTalk account these day because it's so unreliable. Gmail and Live never fail, so they're my main choices now.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

The Webmail fault is still the same when trying to access dsl.pipex.com accounts.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

The Webmail fault is still the same when trying to access dsl.pipex.com accounts.

Well thats clearly a different issue to the fault experienced Friday/Saturday and, after all, everything related to Pipex email is a law unto itself.